Good Deals Thread

huuuugh I don’t know if I should pull the trigger on FS motor for my next build (my first mtb)
Are they good ? Haven’t figured out the Gear ratio yet but 140kv is the way to go right ?

1 Like

I was gonna get them and dye them black but now I think I want to wait to get white gloves and color them an obnoxiously pink color. Thanks. :joy:

2 Likes

I read good things about their bigger motors and at that price, I would buy some too if I didn’t already buy motors for the MTB.

Ratio wise, I think it depends where and how you want to ride. I would go 190kv for 12s and 140kv for higher voltage like 16s or 18s I think.

1 Like

FWIW, I’ve hear only good things about the latest Flipsky battle-hardened motors, and I have ordered 2 140kv ones for my own eMTB (6384 ones). I’m not after speed though, so I agree with Tamatoa that if you wanted speed as well then go for 190kv. Gear ratio wise you want the highest you can get for a 2WD eMTB :slight_smile:

1 Like
3 Likes

Has anyone got experience of BCH shipping to Europe? I entered my address for an estimate and it just said no lol. I get why shipping batteries across the pond is not a great plan unless they’re definitely set up for it, but motors should be fine

They probably don’t ship to Europe. It would make no sense for them to ship a bike wheel to Europe as little probably cost at least $100. Look on eBay for local European options or shipped from China options for similar hub motors

2 Likes

Yeah cheers, I get serious FOMO when I see their battery options but it definitely doesn’t make sense

I was gonna bundle some with my wheel, but apparently they ship it separately, which was $14 for about $10 worth of batteries, so its a no-go.

2 Likes

I got 4 motors for under $300 thanks for posting this :call_me_hand:

7 Likes

Glad it can benefit others.

I was pissed I bought before the deals started but I emailed them and cried about it and they hooked me up to the same deal and refunded me the difference. :laughing:

11 Likes

got myself a pair of 6354 thanks broski for showing us the good deal way

2 Likes

no wayyyy that’s fuckin great

1 Like

flipsky has a hot sale rn on random items with like 10% + coupons but i dont recommand those bastards until they ship my wheels

3 Likes

Yeah I ordered the cheapest pair of non-battle hardened motors for 120$ and then I emailed asking for canceling cause I wanted to get in on the flash deal for battle hardened ones which they accepted. The flash deal was 115$ so they refunded me 5$ and are supposed to replace my order with those battle hardened motors.

I am glad they didn’t just created a shipping label in the mean time and told me it was too late. :joy:

5 Likes

They’re pretty decent about that kinda stuff, they gave me a sale price a couple years ago after id just missed a flash sale

2 Likes

the Elements Sportster = $105 shipped

6 Likes

To knock a few more bucks off on Flipsky flash deals try code WELCOMEBACK. Might be the same code they email you if you leave stuff in your cart.

5 Likes

confirm it can be applied to the order

e: holy shit, this pricing is nearly (less than 2% difference) the same as taobao, get on the bandwagon if u need some motors

8 Likes

10 motors? Goddamn

5 Likes