Good Deals Thread

So this means that shortage that we are not seeing now is not just temporary bubble? I will need cells in one or two months, so in my case it’s better to buy cells now, right? P26A are €3.65 on nkon for 10pcs+.

4 Likes

The battery industry people I’ve spoken to are saying things will be tight until 2022, or beyond. But this is just an overall assessment. The availability of particular cells could be very different at different times. There’s just no way for us to really know what’s going to happen.

Bottom line…I have absolutely no idea when or if any of us should be buying or not. :grin:

But if it helps at all….if I see a good deal for cells I will need this year then I will buy them immediately. I’m not going to stock up on cells being sold at high prices though as any cells could become available (for a short while) at any time.

4 Likes

Hopefully they put more plants in the states and make more lithium ions :pray:

4 Likes

IMO it’s these cells or nothing

3 Likes

I read that Molicel has a new cell that will be released within the year that should be similar to the P26A but with increased capacity. If I were putting together an 18650 pack, ten months from now, I would probably wait to see what Molicel brings to market next.

5 Likes

yea, the supposed “p30a” that had fakes last year (not sure if i should even call them fake, as real p30a doesn’t exist yet)

btw, @Battery_Mooch, this site is still selling those counterfeit cells, i guess after a whole year they still haven’t learn anything

e: not exact fake / counterfeit product, see below Mooch’s reply

4 Likes

IMO, those 20700’s weren’t a faked version of the upcoming real P30A. Just a coincidence.

Those frakkin’ 20700’s were overstocked Molicel INR-20700A’s that a company (I forgot who) needed to dump quickly so they created a new model number, some new boxes, and sold them off as a new cell. IMO they didn’t know about Molicel’s plans to release a new cell with the same model number. I say this because the new model is an 18650.

They just picked a Molicel-like model number that hinted at the cell’s capacity and it happened to be a real model number that was being developed.

5 Likes

A possibility to consider…due to the incredible demand for cells now, 100% of the production of the new P30A might already be allocated to customers. We would only get access to that cell some time in the future when either demand dropped, in a very long time IMO, or when one of those big customers sold off some excess inventory after a product production run was completed.

I don’t know what its availability will actually be though, just mentioning a concern I had.

2 Likes

so if / when p30a does released whenever, 18650 should be the correct size :ok_hand:t2:

2 Likes

Do you have a link to the version on Ali?

1 Like

How is it?

XL fit me snug in the cheek pads, but the quality was really nice. It may have broken in over time, but I decided to return it. They do have XXL, but I decided to just keep using my Steelbird. Now that it’s a lot warmer, I’m considering ordering an XXL because I did like it and its a good value.

1 Like

Yooo guys check out Bustin’s website.
Free deck if you buy a deck/ Free complete if you buy a complete.

I wish I needed something :joy:

14 Likes

Was literally about to post that

4 Likes

Is the bonsai big enough to make a decent shortboard on @b264

2 Likes

27" is a tad short I think

30" to 32", especially around the middle of that range, is perfect IMHO.

With about a 15" wheelbase is a sweet spot

…and of course 25mm riser and 110mm wheels :crazy_face:

6 Likes

That’s what I was thinking too

2 Likes

hmm

3 Likes

Yes but, the tail is short (add a heavy battery up front and pop goes away)

and also, at high speeds, the front foot hasn’t enough steering control IMHO because the fucking front is too narrow (this is a very, very, very, very common problem with electrifying shortboards to go fast)

You really want something like this:

Especially if you plan on approaching, touching, or exceeding 30mph (48km/h)

6 Likes

Great edited pic right there!

Makes me wonder if it is a good idea to do something a bit like the added flaps on trampa decks but to expand a concave foot area over the wheel well cutouts. Could even not be symmetrical and just on the diagonal front right and back left side.

3 Likes