Good Deals Thread

were ur drive spinning in the same direction as the screw thread?

Well on one side yeahhh :thinking:

2 Likes

these? u mean the centripetal force was enough to unscrew from the thread? :flushed:

The early versions offered by esk8supply were the ones that unscrewed. My first gen eLofty has screws, and the later ones do as well.

2 Likes

Garbage-tier DDs. Though mine have been great.

3 Likes

the entire red circled area will unscrew itself. the red arrow is where they will separate.

4 Likes

no wonder why they had to rework for newer gen :rofl: centripetal force unscrewing screws…scrub screw? ok fair enough. motor can? holy shit :fearful:

3 Likes

Not on these, we are talking about elofty’s drives aren’t we?
Mine have been unscrewing all over the place yeah (can, adapters)
But loctite is you friend (always) :joy:

1 Like

the wheel wont actually fall off it will just cause an insane amount of rolling resistance.

3 Likes

yes, elofty drive, but was mainly talking about the screws on motor can getting unscrew to a point the whole motor can would dettach itself

1 Like

There was no screw on mine :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

i brought up torqueboard drive to show that they have the additional screws to prevent this from happening.

2 Likes

locktite doesnt hold. I’ve tried it. it will still unscrew after like 5 miles.

1 Like

Got it, didn’t want people to think that was a problem with TB DDs, they have enough problems already :wink:

3 Likes

Oh really?
Mine were holding fine sorry about that
What loctite?

even the green one? i think its 638 or something

that’s because people don’t learn how to fall better/s :rofl:

4 Likes

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004Y960V6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I believe that’s the locktite I used.

You should go for these (carefull with the green one if you want to remove anything after this, it will be glued for life :stuck_out_tongue: )

5 Likes

admittedly I was still a noob when I had the issue with the drives unscrewing and I didnt know the right type of loctite to use. Maybe Ill mess around with it at some point in the future. when I have nothing better to do. and when I dont have to worry about falling off my board due to the wheel unscrewing itself.

2 Likes

whats annoying is i cant even just apply locktite and screw it down by hand. the can fits tightly enough that I actually had the spin the motor in reverse and it would slowly screw itself down.

1 Like