Good Deals Thread

This has always been the case. Even when vbeltsupply first showed up on the forums w/ a “huge discount” their prices were pretty garbage, and the more you buy, the more vbeltguys comes ahead.

If you buy enough, their fast shipping option is totally reasonable and you can still get your shit faster and cheaper than vbeltsupply.

Tryin’ not to live that “Oh shit, I need one belt, now I have to pay 15 dollars for it” life.

6 Likes

That’s lame. I hate it when companies mark up just to discount.

In my case:
I just went into my account and did a reorder to compare.
The last time I bought was $43.22 the same order this time was $42.54. So yeah kinda bullshit, sorry for the fake sale. :frowning:

I always order from these guys because they’re in my state and bad planning means I’m always in a rush :rofl:

3 Likes

I have been hesitant to post this since up until now I have been pleased with the service and quality from VBeltGuys. It seems that service has gone downhill recently.

Story time lads.

I ordered x2 290-5M-15 belts and added x2 285-5M-15 belts just in case I needed them. On top of that I also paid for 2 day shipping.

4 days later the belts are delivered, except the x2 290-5M-15 belts that I actually needed. I emailed them, they responded 2 days later with this…

I am very sorry about this, I just spoke with the warehouse and they had no stock on those belts, we tried to outsource them from several places with no avail. I had to refund those belts for you.

My issue is that I wasn’t notified before the shipment was sent, as I would’ve canceled the order, and only got a refund after I emailed them. I replied, got no response. I sent another email…

I really feel like you guys need to do something about this. I spent $24 for nothing, as I explained I didn’t need the 285mm belts, I only got them in case. If I had been notified before the shipment I would have canceled the entire order, I wasn’t notified until I inquired.

And a another day later I got this reply…

I have the 285’s refunded as well for you. In case you need them don’t worry about sending them back.

At the end of the day I spent a week NOT getting what I ordered and spent $12 bucks on shipping. The problem there is if they don’t have something in stock, they will ship the rest and not tell you until you ask. At least that is what happened to me, twice.

10 Likes

I appreciate the honest review. I’ve only had one order from them and it went fine but that’s certainly a shitty situation.

2 Likes

Its only 12 bucks, so I’m not too worried. Its the reticence to make it right that has me concerned. Communication is key right?

1 Like

i’m confused who the other supplier is. alternatives are most appreciated

Vbeltsupply vs vbeltguys

1 Like

I’ve used this place twice with no issues, 6 belts worked out about $5 each inc the shipping
https://offroadbelts.com/product-category/timing-belts/t-5m

2 Likes

i have poor attention to detail! so sorry i didn’t catch that distinction. thanks so much for clearing that up for me :+1:t5:

1 Like

Such similar names and a wall of text doesn’t help :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

What a bargain…

3 Likes

That sneaky fuck. Someone got offered to buy a unity and “just pay shipping” a while back. This is 100% trying to illegally sell product he doesn’t own anymore and cover the trail.

6 Likes

Has anyone gotten a hold of vbeltguys recently? They still haven’t shipped my order from last week and I can’t call them

2 Likes

I have mixed feelings about vbeltguys…

1. Positive: I have got my order the 2 times I have ordered from them.

2. Negative: the last belts I got had little fray ends coming out the sides of them which was strange.

Shipping took forever for no apparent reason when I paid for 2 day shipping, yet was more like 7 day shipping

Damn, how do you go about refunding an order?

Email them multiple times

1 Like

the little fray ends are normal as far as I know, seen it plenty, belts are cut from a tube, it’s just the strands from where the cut happened

3 Likes

Aw makes sense this was the first time I’ve seen it so I wasn’t sure

1 Like

yo they did the exact thing to me like a yr ago. Ordered some belts, then they just didn’t ever show up, so I called them after like 3 or 4 weeks like “yo, where’s this order?” Then they told me they didn’t have them and had them on back order for me. :expressionless: pretty weak. So I got a refund, obviously, but after having to do alot of poractive work on my end.

1 Like

fml
cant believe i missed the 30Q deal ToT

Thats what I get for spending the last few days riding all day :’(

5 Likes