Good Deals Thread

Did you get 12 total wheels for the $120? I’m confused about the 3 set part and don’t want to end up with only 3 wheels total.

Although I don’t really need 12 wheels given that I almost never use my manual board due to how hot it is here, but they’re so pretty and the softest option is in the color I like

2 Likes

Yes, 12 wheels total for $120.

2 Likes

Yeah my 12 are on their way here, at least 4 of which are probably going to live on an electric. Any reason you’d only consider them for a push board though? Also worth saying if you’re interested in looks that the blue looks great at the start but get like wonky green and Not Great looking after a fairly short period. Not sure how long (haven’t had any yet) but my friend’s were in very good condition except for fugly colour

They get fugly after one sesh basically. Sidewalls still on point tho…
And that thane…. Oh that sweet sweet thane….

1 Like

Right now my electric board uses hub motors with a thane sleeve on them. I’m slowly buying used parts to upgrade to be able to use tires and not wheels for it and I have no idea if the motor setup I’ll buy will end up being compatible with wheels too. The whole reason for the upgrade is due to rough road conditions so getting a new motor set-up only compatible with urethane wheels wouldn’t really help much.

For me eskate is both a hobby and form of transportation but I can’t justify having multiple complete set-ups. Even though I do technically have 90% of what I would need to split my build into two separate builds. I just haven’t bothered with putting a second battery together after having all my effort ruined by a bad BMS last year.

1 Like

What a deal for this 4wd without battery :astonished:

7 Likes

where is this?

1 Like

god fucking dammit that is a hella steal. You could part this out and make 1k profit

2 Likes

The dude’s in Seattle. Just join the FB group

He’s got it listed on a few Facebook groups. I saw it on some other buy & sell group as well.

2 Likes

Dang - they gave you a better deal. They only offered me $80 per motor :rofl:

2 Likes

They’re catching on that people still want it :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

Yeah same here, I actually asked them if they changed price/ if they could match what others had paid here. Figured couldn’t hurt, worst case I just buy em at 80 because they already sent the invoice.

4 Likes

Damn that’s smart I was so excited to even get it that I just paid whatever they threw at me :joy: :sob:

3 Likes

Looking like you didn’t miss out, sold out of the lowest quality at $60 each and are now on mid quality at $80.

Still a good deal, just not as good.

9 Likes

my reply: “I want the cheapest trash you have with torn phase wires for $30 a motor”

7 Likes

Damn, my “lowest grade” ones are pretty mint looking still. Maybe they changed tactics once they saw all the interest haha.

8 Likes

Yeah I’m happy with my crap quality ones too. If that’s what they consider worst quality then some other mfg’s should take note

4 Likes

My cags arrived unexpectedly this morning just in time for a group ride. I’m really liking them but mostly because they’re smaller so it’s now geared more to my taste and I can loosen the trucks. Torque and turn is a lot of fun

Edit: It seems like it’s also increased my efficiency by a huge margin, I can’t think of any other reason that might have caused it. I’m running a 10s2p 30Q pack that was used before I got it and not treated very nicely after it met me, the last range test I did was on a single motor and technically got 16km but had to limp home pushing and going ridiculously slowly for the last ~1km. Now on a double motor build and with a LOT more experience and aggressive riding, it did a 14km cruise then a decent park session and another 1.6km home with no sign of slowdown from lower voltage. Let it sit for like 2 minutes at home and the pack measured 35V, crazy

3 Likes

I’d say that’s like brand new, and in very good condition also. I would see how good their best one is gonna be

1 Like