Good Deals Thread

These look like 15T also @PropulsionBoards Can you confirm this thanks :call_me_hand:

4 Likes

They are. They’re meant for flipsky motors so they’ll work. I guess I’m getting a set

1 Like

Ask @TheBoardGarage he might have extras before you order

1 Like

I can throw this in the box

2 Likes

I have several of those.

1 Like

I’m good, I got a set en route from @frame as I already ordered a bunch of stuff from him. Thanks for offering :relaxed:

3 Likes

They are back in stock. I bit the bullet and bought 2 this time. Why are they so cheap?

1 Like

Selling them at a loss, they’re clearing stock. Flipsky gets mad every time they do this lol.

If they are clearing stock why did they go out of stock and then restock at the same price?

Hmm idk. A little birdie close to flipsky snitched to them last time they had cheap motors. And flipsky yelled at them. Flipsky said “they’re losing money, we had them discontinue the sale” when they had 6354 for like 45 bux

4 Likes

I wonder if it’s some sorta automated system going batshit pricing down unpopular items within a product class.

2 Likes

If there were double-flanged D-shaped pulleys I’d be all over these :cry:
Edit: and they have to be made of steel lol

1 Like

3d printed PETG pulleys hold up pretty well.
And they cost like 50 cents each.
Edit: I’m going to die.

4 Likes

I would be surprised if you couldn’t use a set screw + loctite retaining compound with pulleys meant for round shafts.

Anyone tried this?

10mm steel pulleys:

US $10.00 | 13 16 19 Tooth 13T 16T 19T 3M 5M D Type 8MM 10MM Belt Drive Razor EVO X-Treme IZIP 250W 360W 500W 800W 1000W Electric Scooter

2 Likes

The ones Flipsky sell for 10mm round shafts are aluminum. They work fine on D shafts, with a slightly longer set screw, and retaining compound.

I used those on my recent custom for someone, and they’re still running well. I ordered several for when they eventually wear out.

4 Likes

I typed out a whole reply NOT suggesting this and just stating that I have one board doing exactly this as an empirical data point but thought someone would flip out about suggesting something so uncouth.

So yes, me. I had to use a longer grub screw and loctited it and the shaft but it was on there for 2 years and never slipped.

Not advice, just my experience.

2 Likes

In my experience, and my research, retaining compound is far superior to set screws anyway. That chemical bond, once full cured, takes ridiculous loads without moving. If you have enough surface area, I think it’s more than fine.

2 Likes

Yep, I drove around for month with the only thing holding the motor pulley was green loctite. You also need a blowtorch to get the pulley off again.

2 Likes

titus.de has 20% off of everything

code: XXLMAS

3 Likes

Maybe I should ask this elsewhere, but I bought one of the Flipsky motors above and was planning on using this pulley I found HTD 5M Type 18 Teeth 18T Timing Pulley D Hole Synchronous Wheel 5x4.5/6x5/8x7/8x7.5/10x9mm D Bore Transmission Pulley|Pulleys| - AliExpress . I’m planning on using 80mm wheels so the gearing should work out alright I think. Is using aluminum for the pulley really bad since the shaft is steel though? I know I see aluminum pulleys around, but IDK if that is a no-no I didn’t know about.

2 Likes