Gold Coast - Where is everyone?

I ride around the GC most days and see the odd few people with DIY boards whizz by and nod but it would be cool to see if anyone is on here and wants to go for a ride.

I love riding my board every day but it would be equally cool to enjoy it with a few others.

I’m LONELY

4 Likes

You can be part of the lonely hearts club with me and @Venom121212

5 Likes

Is it an exclusive group? perhaps I could be lucky pierre?

3 Likes

It’s the least exclusive club in the world. We’ll take anyone. Even you.

4 Likes

oh… OK…
I’ve seen you have resorted to flattery…

it’s ok… i’m human and alive… i see your attraction…
still unreluctantly I approve…

3 Likes

Doesn’t JayPee live out there?

1 Like

dude… tell me about your Kaly tires… titillate me a bit…before you inappropriately insert your reply…

2 Likes

I’ll take some up closes for ya tomorrow. It’s late and I’m in bed, it would be rude to pull the covers off the kaly and take pictures at this hour

3 Likes

I totally understand… sweet dreams Kaly board… @Itsmedant fukoff!!!

2 Likes

Your wife is a trooper for sleeping on the floor.

4 Likes

this magic moment!

1 Like

this is the only appropriate version this magic moment in a conversation with @kook @Itsmedant and @BillGordon

4 Likes

2 Likes

I would buy a coffee for someone who come ride with me. I would pay for friends.

5 Likes

Check out the Facebook group
“Brisbane, gold coast & sunshine coast evolve skateboard riders”
Theres rides on most weekend and open to all boards :+1::australia:

2 Likes

Ah yeah someone mentioned that previously. Maybe I need to just grin and bear it and create a FB account.

1 Like

Im at this point as well. I just need one cool boardfriend to fully seclude myself away from my immediate neighbors.

At least you have other diy guys near you. The 20 people near me that ride exclusively ride prebuilts and it crushes my soul.

2 Likes

Did any of them try your boards? Didn’t make any of them want to switch to DIY? If it didn’t I don’t know what you could do for them. Maybe ask Lacroix or Kaly to borrow a test board and advertise to the people in your group ride that would be as nice as them taking in DIY.

They’re all urethane riders who ride slower. Then they try a pneumatic board with bindings.

Everyone that has ridden it has loved it but also comments about how it feels like you hit the brakes when you let off the throttle. Trying the boosted, it makes sense. It lets off the throttle super slowly.

Unfortunately the local guys are a boosted fan club led by one of the boosted reps. They’re all in college still and don’t know anything about batteries, escs, amps, etc which is extra sad as a lot of them are engineers.

One dude is diy’ing now

4 Likes

:tada:
Are you investing more time and energy on that one dude now? Finger’s crossed you found yourself an esk8 partner.

1 Like