Go-foc vesc any good?

Does anyone have any experience with these controllers? Are they any good? I am thinking about getting this one(100v version):

Makerx go foc series is generally good. I have the DV4 and DV6 and reviews are positive overall.

4 Likes

Well, some people have had shorted capacitors / the aluminum case itself making contact with the PCB, but I guess people are still buying so :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Ah good to know. If I buy one will check that first.

1 Like

If you want to run high voltage and have room in your enclosure for a larger than average ESC, the general consensus about the Sprintend Ubox is that it is a killer value, very reliable and it comes with a remote for less $ than the MakerX you posted.

4 Likes

yep running 4wd spintend and really nice vesc

super big though but that just means it can handle more current. the functions it has are super nice and its overall an awesome vesc
plus the customer service is awesome and the price is super low
def recommend

2 Likes

there are sooo many good options. Here is a few

buy a reputable controller from a reputable provider, save yourself the headache and road rash/broken bones/fires in your home by not buying anything from flipsky or maker X, I have gotten bad on arrival controllers from both flipsky and maker x. flipsky at least offered to let me buy another controller from them for 40% off :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: maker x did no such thing for me. Spintend also locked up on me and exploded, they however sent a free replacement, and i have not heard of other failures, just personally not ready to give them another go. Never had a problem with a trampa vesc and stormcores have been performing amazingly for me

5 Likes

Had one go foc that got a drv error for unknown reasons, was replaced by vendor with a DV6

My go foc had overheating issues because I drove it too hard, upgraded to DV6, no issues at all.
Also own a DV4 with no issues

I don’t think that MakerX and Flipsky are the same at all

7 Likes

I dont either, I just think they both are going to kill someone in our community, so I encourage everyone to throw them away asap and buy reputable controllers :tipping_hand_man:t2:

Yes its a sore spot, and no I am not over it

1 Like

I can see that… I’m surprised you didn’t throw the unity under the bus while you were at it

In my experience so far, makerx has been reliable, and feel like a better cheaper option than flipsky

that being said, I haven’t fact checked prices recently…

5 Likes

I have only ever used one, one time and sold it immediately

2 Likes

Fair enough, well I guess Xenith is the better option now anyway since you get warranty

1 Like

Looks pretty nice though I need it to run at least 20s(84v) 24s would be better.

1 Like

No love for the tb6? I thought you were pumped on those controllers.

Edit: I see the ones mentioned are all doubles.

Yup was wondering the same thing. Where are the good single VESC’s

2 Likes

Sprinted exerlent well made and very good customer service. Very good value for money but the remote as well if you can.

TB6 is a good 12S controller. It has one odd quirk where the CANBUS 5V pin doesn’t work, but you can easily run that wire to any of the other 5V pins and it’s totally fine.

2 Likes

i dont really wanna warranty after its chucked me off and nearly killed me
its better then a no warranty but still i would prefer a bulletproof controlled (trampa has been flawless for me)

4 Likes

Was it a Xenith v1 or the new one? What happened?

1 Like

I’ve had 5 Maker X ESCs now:
-a DV4 that ran flawlessly on a 10s hub build before I sold it.
-two DV6s that ran a 12s 4wd build (TBDDs) and again, both flawlessly
-another DV6 running 12s dual 6374s at 90 motor amps per side no worries. Seriously kills it and not seen Mosfets higher than 60degrees.
-lastly, a Go-FOC mini plus that crapped itself on first ride and threw me off (I sent it back and it got repaired but yet to try it again).

I’ve always had exceptional customer service from them. I’ve read that others don’t have as much luck though. Not sure why :man_shrugging:. Would recommend DV6 at 12s definitely. Not seen reviews on the higher voltage options though sorry.

6 Likes