Go-FOC SV6 and Go-FOC SV4 ...Maker-X

If you have it set to something like 6000 too low for 12S long shot. I can’t see the PCB Does it have 3 shunts or 2. Different fw might be your best shot. Wierd it’s only in foc. Might be worth trying ver 5 fw.

1 Like

Yeah i’m gonna try vesc firmware tomorrow.

This is what they look like inside.

6 Likes

What was the upshot here? I’m running into the same cogging issue with the SV6 on the slave over CAN. You can see my troubleshooting steps here.

The one permutation I have yet to try is to disable the motor on the “master” SV6 and try just the “slave” across the CAN. Vedder firmware v4.2.

Also, it appears the Maker-X website is now down. :frowning:

The site changed at some point.

https://makerx-tech.com/

I switched back to BLDC and all was good.

To be clear. The “Go-FOC” doesn’t work in FOC? WTF?

2 Likes

Lol, not for me. But I do have to say, when I got in touch with technical support, they were eager to help. I just couldnt be bothered fucking around with it. BLDC worked fine so I just left it at that.

2 Likes

@nomadic_myke seems like you might just be a payed beta tester for MakerX. By payed I mean, ur the one paying to use their untested HW.

1 Like

I don’t have any of their products yet, but I was seriously considering getting a pair of the SV6’s. It is disappointing to learn that people are having trouble getting it to run in FOC - I really like having a quiet board.

@nomadic_myke oh okay, I miss read. would be cool if they did some testing before shipping… or mass production. But the numerous reports of Fets blowing during detection, or broken ESC’s might shine a light on their QC process. The weirdest part is the 4.12 HW ran FOC fine, so what did they do to make it not work on a HW6 ESC? Lol

1 Like

I should be able to do some testing in the next week or so with the newest v5 firmware on the SV6’s. I’ll post my results here once I have something to report.

3 Likes

Any update on the SV6?

Same here waiting for more feedback

I believe that both @Pottsy and @Kaydo have had issues with FOC on the v4 hardware as well.

2 Likes

Works good on bldc not foc got weird pulsing shit

1 Like

We finally found the problem, and the solution was to connect the positive electrode of the capacitor plate and the positive electrode of the battery terminal with a thick wire. As shown. Then add one or more 4.7UF 50V capacitors (as long as the heat sink can be covered) at the positive and negative poles to suppress high-frequency clutter. (Pictured). Then you can solve the problem of instability in FOC mode. We are deeply sorry for this problem.

8 Likes

50V cap? :neutral_face: if u running 10S it’d be ok I guess.

I assume that any new orders will be shipped with this problem rectified?

4 Likes

FSC!
10JEFFWUS

1 Like

In fact, a capacitor with a rated voltage of 50v can support more than 100v voltage.