Go-FOC SV6 and Go-FOC SV4 ...Maker-X

I am excited to find out if these work for you. I am looking for something relatively inexpensive that can handle 12S and 50 - 60 amps per side. If these prove to be reliable I am ready to order a pair. Please keep us posted!

5 Likes

22 Likes

First pics I’ve seen of the 6 under the cover. Looks neat to me, but I’m not expert.

3 Likes

Love how they went from only ceramics on the mini to 7 lytes on this one :crazy_face: :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

In English bro, what does that mean?

2 Likes

Ceramic capacitors on the v4, electrolytic capacitors on the v6

5 Likes

Focbox was 4.12 and could handle 50a continuous. I beat the shit out of mine in my old hs11/eToxx eMTB build.

Most cannot, 35a is spot on for the majority of maytech & Flipsky singles I’ve seen.

5 Likes

​​​​

2 Likes

My point being is that 4.12 architecture isn’t the limitation there, it’s the mosfet choice.

7 Likes

I need them to do 50A just for the few seconds of accelerating from a stop; but yeah, my experience has shown that even just for that, even 30A can throw an overcurrent error and make it cut out. :frowning_face:

3 Likes

What difference does this make in esk8 applications?

1 Like

Sorry, didn’t see this. Way above my paygrade, you’re better off asking @linsus

So I finally got the SV6s into my MTB build. Using Ackmaniac FW.

I started off in sensored BLDC and got the settings to a point I was happy with

Motor max: 80
Motor min: -70
Battery max: 45
Battery regen: -20

This worked well, good strong brakes and everything worked as it should.

Next I set up in sensored FOC with the exact same settings. Under heavy acceleration, on motor cogs so badly that it locks up the 8 inch wheel into a skid. Not what you want when you are braced for heavy acceleration :sweat_smile:

Also, the brakes were super weak.

I bumped up the brake settings to -80 and -25. A little bit better, but nowhere near as powerful as they were on BLDC.

I have tried motor detection and a variety of different settings in sensored FOC and still have the problem of shit brakes and cogging under heavy acceleration (only on the slave side)

The slave ESC also has a problem where it won’t connect via USB on certain occasions. Its like it picks and chooses when it wants to connect. When it doesn’t connect, the computer tells me that the USB device has malfunctioned and can’t connect.

At this point I am considering just switching it back to BLDC and being done with it. But this board isn’t for me and I need to give it to the customer soon. I would love to be able to give it to him set up in FOC.

If anybody can suggest anything I might be doing wrong, it would be much appreciated.

@YUTW123 any ideas?

6 Likes

That’s crazy. Yoonity doesn’t have a problem locking up 6" tires w/ 6374 cans @ -80/-15 per motor, wonder what’s going on here? Got a metr?

1 Like

I do have a metr but i really don’t wanna mangle a mter cord just to diagnostics on this. The pinout and plug is completely different.

I might have the bits I need to make an adaptor, but I really don’t wanna waste much more time on this, I just wanna get it out the door.

I will very likely just switch it back to BLDC and be done with it.

If I ever get some of these SV6’s for myself, I will do further testing then.

2 Likes

Could that be a FW issue? All those things happened to me with my flipsky FSESC 6.6’s to one extent or another while I cycled through different FW and versions of Ack and vtool. Especially that thing with one motor cogging, leaving the other to do the majority of the work (I noticed this when I saw one esc getting way hotter than the other in metr). :man_shrugging: IDK, just a thought

2 Likes

I have no idea bro. I feel like it could very well be a FW/HW compatibility issue. I guess I could try VESC tool and see what happens with that.

2 Likes

Try it out. @pookybear troubleshooted with me on that this week lol maybe he can help

1 Like

Did you extend the phase wires, is your erpm too low. Is motor detection showing sensored. I have a issue with my makers dual they put the sensor connectors in backwards so I had to snip a gap but sometimes my sensors cables come loose.

1 Like

Sensor cables are correct and glued in. Motor detection is definitely picking up sensors, have tried 3 seperate times now in FOC and the issue keeps repeating.

What do you mean by erpm too low?

1 Like