Go-FOC HI100 75V 100A Base on VESC

I think a sensor wire shorted with a motor wire and killed the MCU. Thinking about swapping the MCU, but I don’t know what firmware is this VESC. Can someone look at what firmware this VESC is?

2 Likes

My guess is this firmware will work

but I’m not 100% sure. I think that’s a good enough guess to try it and find out.

1 Like

That’s right. It is built on VESC75300

2 Likes

I guess my real question is the firmware 75_300_R2 or 75_300_R3?

4 Likes
  R3      .
2 Likes

I just swapped the MCU and it runs motor detection and my motor seems to run smoothly. However, when I use the Keyboard to control and see real-time data in a Desktop VESC tool. The RT data freezes after a burst of high current, but I can still control it over the keyboard and change VESC parameters. Is this a problem with the VESC’s RT data or my specific HI100?

5 Likes

Actually, with more troubleshooting. The RT data freezes after heavy braking over keyboard (Letting go of the key). After the RT data freezes I can only control it with a keyboard. The VESC tool cannot read motor and app configs and write to them. I have to physically unplug the cable and plug it again (power cycling the VESC is not necessary). If I don’t unplug the USB cable, the VESC tool complains about “Could not read firmware version”.

2 Likes

Caused by interference. You can try to use shielded usb cable

2 Likes

What’s the max current possible with this and can u set it up so it does roll to turn on?

2 Likes