🌴 Go-FOC DV6 / PRO <High Current Dual ESC >

That heatsink looking pretty as ever

I went from chinese controllers to Flipsky 6.6 Dual plus and then to this one. I had 2 FSVESCs and I always had problems with them and a lot of thermal throttling.

After setting the DV6 up and trying it I have to say I’m absolutely delighted. Even at the motor setup wizard I noticed that is much more precise without load than the FS. Everything worked at first try, including remote receiver and bluetooth module and it just rides as it should be.

Where I had before thermal throttling with the FSVESC, with this one it didn’t go over 35ºC. I was not pushing heavy but it was even cooler than the motors. Remarkable, specially since I don’t have any extra heatsink and it seats on a closed enclosure. Here is the graphic from the logs I took this morning:

I can only recommend this DV6 VESC and would like to thank @YUTW123 again for excellent customer support…

13 Likes

That’s good to hear! I’ve heard nothing but good things regarding the DV6. @glyphiks mentioned on FB that some guy’s been running them at high current and swears by it.

Can’t wait to try these out!

5 Likes

So close to riding again! :heart_eyes:, I’m hoping it gets delivered tomorrow! :pray:

I can’t believe the tracking from China 4PX is working. :joy:

2 Likes

Ordered 30th Oct, delivered today to Ireland. No customs. Could’nt ask for better. Initial impressions… impressive!

What controller to use? Feedback welcome.

I believe the Hoyt Puck is the most recommended followed by the mini remote and then the flipsky vx1/vx2/maytech dual trigger remote.

3 Likes

what should be the difference? is it somehow the variable quality of PPM signal provided? I’d be able to see the difference between uart and ppm to be concerning, but is there difference between different PPM?

Biggest difference is the link quality between the remote and receiver. Hoyt puck, mini remote and the maytech 2020 dual trigger one (I believe) do frequency hopping, which adds an extra layer of reliability. The VX1 just has a good track record compared to other cheap remotes. Haven’t heard good things about the VX2 personally, not sure why it was mentioned.

2 Likes

what about the gt2e? should be a bit more advanced than gt2b, I personally had zero issues with both of them, but it feels like usage of the hobbyking/flysky remotes slowly dies here on the forum

1 Like

@YUTW123 I got a shipment confirmation for my DV6 a week ago, but when I check the DHL tracking number, it says “shipment not yet picked up by DHL” when could I expect to receive my package? Am I looking at a 1 week wait, or more like a 1 month wait?

In Europe it can be around 13 days, don’t know for the states but you have several people from there which already reported shipping time, just take a look.

1 Like

I am sorry.

DHL is currently experiencing serious delays. It is expected to decline to ship in about a week.
Currently we have closed DHL shipping. Change to standard transportation which is faster than before.

2 Likes

Just arrived right now! This is just beautiful :heart_eyes:, and the entire (V)ESC case housing is metal and feels ice cold to touch.

You ALL know what I am going to be doing tonight, just in time for the weekend!!!

Thank you David (@YUTW123) for the fast shipment!

JUST a FYI: I ordered using regular shipping, got here (Toronto) in less than 10 days, sat in the Canadian Custom Border warehouse for 3 days. Also a bonus I paid $0 for Custom duties (taxes).

3 Likes

Hi @YUTW123 I just want to verify if the following port is where I would connect the 2.4 Ghz controller receiver wires to? (GND, 5V, PWM).

2 Likes

Yeh, That’s right. Interface definition here

4 Likes

Thank you :grinning:, I saw those definitions, still was not sure I got it right.

1 Like

Alright, thanks for the quick response. I understand this issue is out of your control, so I wont hold it against you at all. I look forward to receiving my ESC!

2 Likes

Mine has arrived!

10 days to Europe with standard shipping.

1 Like

Any rewire or adjustments needed for Metr pro to work with the MakerX?

32 Likes

13 Likes