Go-FOC D100 / D75 / D60

What will be the difference between the D60 and the DV6?

1 Like

DV6 builds on VESC6, D60 builds on 100250

2 Likes

d60 will have an antispark seemingly

d60 isnt the 60 volt one?

Yes 60V , The 3 ESCs differ only in mos models,

They will be
D60 60V 160A
D75 75V 120A
D100 100V 100A

3 Likes

So all of them run on the 100/250 firmware now? Do you think this will directly solve the issues that were happening with the first D75?

3 Likes

I think the problem is in the phase filter. When I remove the related chip, the motor runs smoother.

2 Likes

I take it first batch d75 owners are just stuck with these weirdly behaving escs?

2 Likes

The first ESCs were built on firmware 75300, which in theory would be better! Because the 75300 detects the phase current directly. Due to the shortage of 75300 chips, we had to switch to 100250 firmware for long-term stable supply

6 Likes

I mean, features like ADC braking and smart reverse dont even work, which are super important. Is that something that can be solved by downgrading to FW5.2 75/300 firmware with the right limits?

2 Likes

ADC2 works fine in my tests with no issues, Please check the wiring

smart reverse, it can be used in firmware 5.2, I’m not sure why 5.3 can’t be used, it may be affected by phase filtering.

It is recommended to update the firmware to 5.2 for the first batch of D75 ! , using the original 75300 firmware will be fine

4 Likes

I really want a D75 or D100 for a scooter build, but from reports of the first batch I’m worried I won’t be able to take advantage of all VESC features.

In addition to an ADC throttle is there an ability to add a brake sensor? Scooter brakes are mechanical with an electronic switch to communicate to the ESC

1 Like

I will try backporting to 5.2 on mine, I didn’t really want 5.3 anyways. I’m still concerned about the removal of the phase filter, as it had to have been there for a reason in the design.

Nonetheless, the new escs look cool, will be good to have more antispark escs available.

Will you be continuing the DV6 line? It’s still my preferred choice since antisparks are notoriously bad

1 Like

Phase filters are relatively new for most VESC models, and were just added in FW 5.3. It’s a nice to have but not a necessity

1 Like

Oh okay, I wasn’t really sure besides frank mentioning it once

2 Likes

Hail Sk8an

5 Likes

Am i correct in that those specs are the maximum voltage the ESC can take, and then the motor amperage per side? If so, why is it that the higher voltage models output lower amperage? Is it due to thermal constraints? Are those amperage values absolute maximum, or recommended maximum?

4 Likes

Mosfet RDS on increases as max voltage rating increases, resulting in lower continuous current levels compared to lower voltage mosfets.

9 Likes

Makes sense, most likely in conjunction with the fact that the wattage output changes with the different voltages and currents as well

1 Like