Glossary of Terms

This is great info and bookmarked. I was only pointing out that be it correct or not, split ppm is the commonly used term for linking 2 vescs without using canbus so the clarification maybe a bit pedantic but easier for new builders to understand. I know how confused I was in the beginning especially with all the acronyms.

2 Likes

Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback. I’m always reminded of how little I know when attempting to explain things to others. In my experience providing detail on technical items early is well worth the effort and usually avoids confusion and frustration later. So a pendant you are not.

2 Likes

can we use Kegel Core wheels during Core-Kegel exercises?

2 Likes

I will hurt you. Unlimited cosmic power.

1 Like

1 Like

This is a useful and informative thread and much as I love derailing, (fuck I love derailing threads) this is not the place to do it. Behave yourself.

(I love derailing threads)

4 Likes

We have so needed this. Thanks for taking the initiative and doing a great job with it!

1 Like

You may want to revise the definition above as you can see from the picture below, both RKP and TKP truck’s king pins face outward from the center. The characteristic that differentiates a RKP from a TKP is the RKP pivot axis and king pin axis are perpendicular to each other where the TKP’s are not.

3 Likes

thanks Brad, i’ll include this in the update i make this weekend. mind if i link to the picture you show here?

2 Likes

Go for it

1 Like

I’ve needed to read this sentence for so long

4 Likes

I can do a better picture if you like @wandagoner. Really stoked on your thread!

1 Like

3 Likes

the image you posted is good but if there is a better way to showcase the difference between TKP and RKP trucks please post it and we’ll leverage it. thanks again!

@Venom121212 Justin, i started the markup formatting clean up however it will be an iterative process as time allows. again great suggestion and i should have started with the appropriate format at the onset :dizzy_face:

added!

illustration of 50% duty cycle during a single BLDC commutation:

(the actual frequency would be on the order of 20-40 thousand cycles per second)

and some explanations for the illustration:

2 Likes

illustration of a BLDC electrical revolution at 50% duty cycle (as in ERPM or electrical revolutions per minute)…

*the sequence of phase changes are not necessarily in the correct order, but the possible combinations are:

• red -> green
  • red -> blue
  • green -> red
  • green -> blue
  • blue -> red
  • blue -> green

^1 electrical revolution cycles through all these combinations, and that happens 7 times per motor rotation assuming 14 magnets

1 Like

FUB? Funked Up Britisherunits?

Edit:
by which I mean i kinda know what it means but I don’t know what it stands for.
But, I think i finally found it. unless this one is also sarcastic. “Freedom Unit BullS***”

1 Like