Glossary of Terms

TKP definitely more carvey in my experiences

1 Like

Thanks. i put a note next to the definition and added links to the source. Since there are a few factors that contribute to how well a board carves such as baseplate angle & bushing stiffness, do you think it will be helpful to remove the statement from the definition?

2 Likes

The geometry defines the carve ND the turn, which are actually different values.

TKPs carve better than RKPs assuming the same setup otherwise. RKPs turn more stable, not as deep, it’s more predictable. Which is why they are better for speed.

2 Likes

Also probably good to provide links to relevant threads where you can!

4 Likes

No harm no foul. Its hard to discern intent via tex Anyway. The shakas a way of life dude. I havent always been a Texan :surfing_man::palm_tree::sun_with_face:

1 Like

rkp

tkp

6 Likes

Thanks! I missed that thread. Added link to glossary

1 Like

Rad! added links to the descriptions in glossary

1 Like

perfect, thanks! updated definitions.

1 Like

I reckon that split angles probably deserve a mention in this glossary too… not from this forum but still a good thread

5 Likes

agree, my hope was to keep the references contained to esk8.news where practical.

@Squishy654 do you mind if we copy your builders post on split truck angles to a new post under esk8 mechanics on this forum?

2 Likes

A member (Beto_pty) of the sphere came up with Vedder Endless sphere controller VESC but it must have got changed at some point I assume.

6 Likes

nice. looks like @BigZwatt was correct on the etymology. updated glossary and linked

3 Likes

Gear drive is missing.

2 Likes

This is fantastic, nice work!

2 Likes

This is great. It would be nice to add some pics. Maybe we can collect them together. I’ll start.

Kegel core:

ABEC core:

3 Likes

Indies. Fucking love indies. I had indie rollerskate baseplates in the day.

Fuck i’m old.

Great write up man. Good info.

2 Likes

I scored a brand new kanthaka on indy 180s and orangatang keanus a little while ago for 200 bucks. It lives in the passenger seat of my car :rofl:

1 Like

@esk8manbabes good catch, added

@janpom thanks! image links added to wheel core types in your post as well as other component images hosted on esk8.news

1 Like

Pretty different from core-kegel

2 Likes