Glossary of Terms

I reckon that split angles probably deserve a mention in this glossary too… not from this forum but still a good thread

5 Likes

agree, my hope was to keep the references contained to esk8.news where practical.

@Squishy654 do you mind if we copy your builders post on split truck angles to a new post under esk8 mechanics on this forum?

2 Likes

A member (Beto_pty) of the sphere came up with Vedder Endless sphere controller VESC but it must have got changed at some point I assume.

6 Likes

nice. looks like @BigZwatt was correct on the etymology. updated glossary and linked

3 Likes

Gear drive is missing.

2 Likes

This is fantastic, nice work!

2 Likes

This is great. It would be nice to add some pics. Maybe we can collect them together. I’ll start.

Kegel core:

ABEC core:

3 Likes

Indies. Fucking love indies. I had indie rollerskate baseplates in the day.

Fuck i’m old.

Great write up man. Good info.

2 Likes

I scored a brand new kanthaka on indy 180s and orangatang keanus a little while ago for 200 bucks. It lives in the passenger seat of my car :rofl:

1 Like

@esk8manbabes good catch, added

@janpom thanks! image links added to wheel core types in your post as well as other component images hosted on esk8.news

1 Like

Pretty different from core-kegel

2 Likes

Added a picture to help distinguish between boardside and roadside bushings :slight_smile:

More motor terms would be nice, like Keyway, Windings, Can/Bell, Grub screws, etc.

redundancy/redurndercy:

esk8/RC receivers output PWM.

huh, that’s where it all started huh…aewsome.

also, always thought vedder was a german, but he’s a swede.

two revelations today.

2 Likes

@rusins bushing image was good add.
Keyway is already listed
agree on Windings, Can/Bell, Grub Screws etc. added them to the list will update definitions as time allows.

@professor_shartsis good point. there appears to be a debate on definition and application in a separate thread

What is the agreed upon definition for redundancy as it relates to esk8?

@b264 thanks for the clarification. corrected the glossary

1 Like

Direct Drive: any wheel to motor combination with a 1:1 ratio

5 Likes

While I fully agree with correct terminology its commonly referred to as ppm. Across the board(excuse the pun) Maybe bracket the ppm after pwm so to aid understanding.

Again good write up.

4 Likes

ImpartialMeagerEidolonhelvum-size_restricted

Bookmarked. Thanks so much for taking the time to do all of this. Cheers!

6 Likes

@Dareno - good suggestion. updated.

@rusins updated Windings, Can/Bell, Grub Screws. Since I was at it, added Outrunner/Inrunner, and Poles as well with linked to images. Since these items come up with some ESC configuration software.

2 Likes