Trampa Trademark & VESC Tool Discussions (serious)

The back story is really interesting to watch too!

I believe they time out after a year. But if youtube is your full time job, it can still be incredibly stressful.

2 Likes

Depends: If you present infringing content and actively and intentionally confuse brand and source origin, while running a linked online shop, you are violating big time.

-Lee runs a linked online shop
-Lee considers stocking the item he presented as VESC (obviously his builds need controllers).
-Lee openly refused to stick to given TM policies.
-Lee knew about the issue and took things further with full intention.

Quote Lee: “Absolutely, we will probably stock it in our shop if the testing goes well.”

So basically he forces us to take action.

1 Like

guess its time to start striking every single video with intentional mentions of velcro

7 Likes

Frank can you answer one simple question that keeps being brought up, or are you going to change your name to Donald soon?

Why did you claim use official ‘Velcro TM’ on your products, then when Lee called you out saying he knows for a fact that’s bull shit, you claim to have removed ‘Velcro’ from your product descriptions/manuals/etc, yet have a YouTube video saying velcro instead of hook and loop as well as seeing recent posts showing many screenshots of Velcro references from your websites search feature, yet hypocritically flag down Lee’s video for saying VESC… after literally promoting hella Trumpa products, for no financial gain to him, while you reap the benefits?

I know it was a horrible long-winded run on question, but let’s see how he will avoid honestly answering every aspect of that last paragraph/multi aspect question. It’s what he always does because he’s always right, and has never taken fault or admitted any wrong doing. It’s sad people who are so smart in certain areas can be so naive in many others.

5 Likes

The name was given by a community member tho…

1 Like

Blah blah blah. Didn’t read. Go fuck yourself Frank

6 Likes

Thanks for sharing, OK this changes things! :thinking:

1 Like

www.trampavesc.com

24 Likes

This dude the Lars Ulrich of esk8 :joy:

5 Likes

I think it is fair to be respectful of the trademark owned by Mr. Vedder. i think the only problem here is that enforcement is being handled by Trampa.

4 Likes

THX for sharing that point of view. As usual, there are always to sides to the coin.
It is not a lot to demand GPL compliance and use of own brand in trade. Two small rules that do not affect your business really. That’s all it is. Two rules that most major OS projects set up BTW: Two reasonable rules that allow the developer or group of devs to be identifiable in trade and that guarantee source code visibility and usability.
It’s a given horse in the end and the horse has to be accepted as it is. You can’t demand the horse should be bigger, faster, different, two horses, etc.

1 Like

Omg. That’s amazing :rofl:

4 Likes

damn, now frank gotta talk to google to get that remove from the google search result as well, along with the other 1million+ web links.

@Trampa, while u r at it, don’t forget there are other search engines as well :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Google changed quite a few things already. In the search you can’t see “BUY VESC” any longer. It just states SHOPPING since a while now.

just gonna leave this here

I clicked the first link to check what it shows me, and its mostly flipsky’s stuff on aliexpress

15 Likes

Striking Lee’s channel over this is the fucking bottom of the barrel shit face scumbag move Frank.

Those kind of actions practically leave a black mark over your channel PERMANENTLY. You completely misuse the broken system on Youtube to further your own bullshit motives. If you follow the same logic EVERY video of yours where @Trampa employees misuse the word Velcro should suffer the same trademark claim.

I can’t believe I need to provide the disclaimer that I am not attacking your character or you personally, however, we are all fucking fed up with your actions which do nothing but reflect badly on your company and everyone associated with it.

12 Likes

Where is the problem to stick to two simple rules? Why does Lee take things further and further?
Why does he advertise stuff he potentially want to sell online as VESC, while he knows that VESC is a TM and is enforced? Why does he actively and intentionally confuse potential customers? Why does he promote infringing HW on his channel anyway? The coin has two sides again. And as far as I know it’s not the first video that got deleted on Lees channel. So either Lee is not aware of what he is doing (which I can’t believe), or it’s done with full intention. Benjamin and I debated that before taking action. A few weeks back we made the decission to try to ignore him, but there is a point where that gets difficult.

Violations can happen and there are three types:
a) non intentionally
b) intentionally
c) let’s see how far we can take it.

Lees video was 100% in category b, since we talked about it before and he knew the problems and he decided to go one step further. So the strike did not come from a blue sky. And it is not Benjamin’s task to beg everyone to follow his very grateful TM policies. The rules are simple and easy to follow and they do not hurt. They are known and yes, they are not written up to be ignored. These rules are essential for project survival and that is why pretty much every project has very similar rules set up. Its not like we demand a lot. Its the bare minimum of a set of rules.

2 Likes

There is no “us”, there is you, and there is Benjamin. And he says nothing, ever. So really it’s just you.

I’m so sick of you — or anyone else — speaking for other people. If he wanted to speak, he is more than able to speak.

And to be clear, I fully support open source and especially copylefting.

11 Likes

Again… weve been calling these devices VESC since way before the Trademark was applied for. Prior Art Frank. I’m just refering to them on camera as I and many others have been for 4 years. This is not taking anything further, this is just carrying on what has been the normal for many years.

You struck my channel out of malace, that’s the be all and end all of it.

18 Likes