[Global] [Closed] Flipsky VX2 & VX1 Remote Group Buy Post-Order Discussion

@Movation

The ver 1 is old stock i am chasing another ver2 i had a ver 1 didnt like it, but it was replaced with a ver 2. Trust flipsky to charge more for the new model jerks.

If this sparks other questions please let me know in DM we don’t need to spam this conversation in this thread - we can just update the thread after the fact…

Alright, so here is the information that I follow to make my assumption, and Jeff and corroborate this based on my findings.

First we need the references that I used -
FS4.20

FS6.6

Focbox 1.7

VX2 - Connection Drawings.

So based on all of this - We know that at the very least that the Neo1.7 is going to be a clone of the Enertion 1.7 4.XX hardware, therefore we know that we can follow this drawing. So based on this, we can see that the 4.XX and the 6.XX use when connecting to an FSESC that they use the following ports.
• Neutral
• TX
• RX

The only differences that we see between the two of them is the voltage pins. (transmission and response could be different i dont know).
• 4.XX : uses 5v
• 6.XX : uses 3v

That said, if we look at the 1.7 FocBox, we can see the same COMM/UART port defined in the drawing. Which follows the same 7 pin pattern as any of the other 4.XX COMM/UART ports that we have here.

I presume the functional difference between 4.XX and 6.XX with regards to the COMM/UART is the additional 8th pin for ADC3 - which may be a product of the DRV8301 or a product of the SOC that drives the DRV; I don’t know if this is the case and none of the documentation that vedder’s posted on his blog, nor any of the documentation I found regarding the DRV8301 and 8302 indicate their association with the COMM/UART headers.

So with that said, we can pose a question to @jeffwuneo: Regarding the construction of the 4.XX and the 6.XX version of the NeoESC how are the COMM/UART headers designed and if they will (or if they have to) follow the information determined above(7pin for 4.xx and 8pin for 6.xx)?

Given that answer you(we) will know for sure. Though if I were to put money on it, as others have said: “Pair the vx2 with the correct version of the ESC hardware that you plan on using. 4.xx to 4.xx and 6.xx to 6.xx”.

Hope that helps.

3 Likes

For neoBOX 4/6 we keep layout the same. Can see here.

2 Likes

It’s a good looking and feeling remote.

Still have to try it on a ride.

I’m feeling stupid, to many points and versions.

Can the VX2 work on VESC 4.xx?
Can the VX1 work on VESC 6.xx?
Can they bothwork on both VESCs?

There was mention of a special lead in the first post?

1 Like

thanks for setting up a group buy! I submitted the form.

The leads differ on V4 and V6 hardware due to pin orientation. Both remotes work with either esc version, but you need to have selected the correct ESC option for what you have so the pin out will be correct.

1 Like

VX2 works with 4.xx and 6.xx over UART only
VX1 works with 4.xx and 6.xx over UART or PWM

Supposedly the new VX1 can work with Unity

2 Likes

Guys… pretty sure you can go on flipsky.net and read up on both remotes… everyone keeps asking the same damn questions…

2 Likes

Signed up for a vx2 :slight_smile: Also want to say that Anubis is great dealing with if anyone would have any concerns :slight_smile: Bought from him before and sold to him.

Looks like we’re going to blast through the order goals by the 15th (We already have :D)
I will be contacting everyone before the group buy ends, if you want to hop on then hop on now!

5 Likes

When do you think we will have these in hand?

I wouldn’t rely on them being in hand before the end of CNY, but I would hope by the start of feb. The VX1s, should be in people’s hands by the 20th (Unless painting is requested)

2 Likes

Well, I didn’t want to wait too long and miss the timeframe for CNY so the remotes are all paid for and will be on there way shortly (Hopefully now the entire GB doesn’t fall out :rofl:)

I think i’ve PM’d you all, so if you haven’t gotten a PM please PM me. There was 1 special cookie who responded to "Forum name: " With esk8.news so I don’t know who to PM, if anyone knows who drag3doug is from Canada please let me know.

I am finally getting around to invoicing all of you now

2 Likes

Waiting for the pm also if someone drops out I will take their 2nd remote

There are spares so you can have as many as you want.

Also, there will be some small duty fee due on each remote. Its £1.20 on the VX1s, I am guessing it should actually be less on the VX2s. Its pretty much whatever DHL decides to charge me, usually its pretty small. It was unusually large with the VX1s.

For all customers, no additional import or duty should be due when your remotes come. It will all be accounted for on the invoice.

1 Like

@Anubis I didn’t receive a paypal invoice. Please re-send it if you sent it already, i’d like to make sure I don’t miss out on this.

1 Like

I am still sending them

1 Like

K thanks I will see