[Ghosted] Unknownboards M5 (A youtuber Brand)

Guess I’m just fat then :rofl:

8 Likes

If I ever build a line of boards for sale I’m shipping one to @Arzamenable for a range test :joy:

5 Likes

Yeah… just don’t advertise those numbers :rofl:

1 Like

Lol i wouldn’t get those numbers either, but given the opportunity I run most of my stuff with basically ‘no limits’… tends to chew the batteries up a lot quicker :rofl:

2 Likes

I like their set up except the ublox remote and the $37 moose deck they are notoriously famous for breaking. I have one and never risen and layers are delaminating. Acro snapped one in one of his videos.

This one…
s-l400

iirc, they were using a lot of boundmotor parts to make their DIY, im sure this “prebuilt” is no different

2 Likes

Bound gear ok I have used their DD wheels and ESC on different builds. They are coming from evolve land so to them this is a huge step up and it is. But I would not cut corners on the deck and for the love of cheese please change those chinesium bushings someone is going to die. Ubox is overkill for those motors and battery. Use a makerX and money saved buy a deck that won’t snap I count 6 layers.

3 Likes

Im not saying boundmotor is bad, I’ve two short boards with their 105mm hubs, they do a decent job (sleeves need to be replaced every 300km tho)

1 Like

Sorry you lost me when you started talking about hubs…

4 Likes

Was just comparing quality instead of exact same parts, there is no real indication that they are actually using boundmotor parts yet, just speculation.

1 Like

Your right it’s a good start. pricing is a bit much I estimate the cost less than 1/2 if they build the battery and source the wheels from Alibaba.

1 Like

They probably do source from alibaba, the drivetrain does look like the flipsky AT kit, but it doesn’t seems to be sunmate wheel hub that flipsky has.

Im sure there will be some review out there when it ships, more options are better, I just hope they don’t cheap out on things, the ubox choice is real good, as well as fiberglass enclosure from eboosted

That’s exactly what I call “real world conditions”. They used that phrase, too.

1 Like

ricky said that the enclosure is an eboosted enclosure

2 Likes

There is a distributer in Europe. I would have hit up Ben for the enclosures.

Hi guys it’s ricky from unknown boards

Thanks for all the criticism it’s great to see people sharing there thoughts on the board It will definitely help me to make the product better going forward

I’m already working on using molicel p42a cells in the board in a 12s 4p configuration rather than the 30q cells

We are not using any parts from Boundmotor I’ve had deck off of them before and it snapped on me won’t make that same mistake again

In regard to the fit and finish of the board this is not the final design the are Minor changes being made for when we ship :+1:t3:

I just wanted to get the site live and see what the interest would be like on a board like this

In regards to the motor size as people will no we are using Dkp trucks and I didn’t want to put motors on the board that people will kill them self’s on these motors are very torquey and have the ability to reach good tips speeds so I think for a board with dkp trucks on they are the perfect size and power

Also there are a lot of people put list together of parts they think we are using and making out like we are making silly money on these boards that really isn’t the case are profit margins on this board reasonable considering we are offering 12months warranty
Also please taking into account I.e labour costs of putting the board together
Packaging
12 months warranty
Shopify fees
And the list goes on…

It’s not as simply as just listing out the cost of parts and then assuming we are making the rest in profit,

I wish we was but unfortunately businesses don’t work like that

Again I really appreciate everyone that has pulled the trigger and brought one and for all the positive and negative feedback will only help is to grow as a company and bring you the best board we can :grin:

Thanks so much people
Ricky
Unknown board’s

16 Likes

If I had to build a board for a mate I would use a similar spec. We are not your customer base 90 % of us can build a similar spec board from scratch. Good first board for a startup. Could use a few tweeks but I am sure you are on to it.

8 Likes

Are you using a skayeshred deck?

As Jacob said most of us here do DIY, I think a lot of us have the ability to make the board ourselves and therefore do not count the value of assembly, but it’s a very clean looking board I will give you that. Would you be willing to divulge the BoM for the board though? We are not in the business of building to sell here so it will not harm your business in any way, it’s merely for our curiosity

P.s. Welcome to the forum!

5 Likes

This actually seems like just the thing for me.
I’m looking for a pre-built board to replace my dead Boosted.
I want something equal-to-or-better-than an Evolve or Onsra in every category but I want it to be VESC-based rather than hobbywing or whatever proprietary thing an Evolve uses because even though I don’t want to get into spot-welding right now I will no doubt want to hack on whatever I get at some point in the future.

This board hits most all the points I’m looking for: good range but not a tank, good size, good speed, good acceleration, slightly flexy, VESC, swappable wheels and pulleys.

The issues I would have are:

• I’m in Canada and these guys are in the UK with obviously no service center in Canada or even the US. It was annoying enough getting my Boosted fixed when I had to send to the US imagine having to send it to the UK and back.
  • I don’t really want to beta-test a brand-new board design - although to be fair the board is made of off-the-shelf components so there shouldn’t be a whole lot to wrong.
  • How long are these guys going to be around. I’m sure they aren’t planning to quit but no one ever does.

So I guess my question for the DIY guys around here:
if you were to recommend a maker of a pre-made VESC-based board a lot like this one for a Canadian, who would it be?