Genuine Creality Ender 3 $144 with prime shipping

I use almost nothing but mirror tiles and 50/50 elmers glue and water. Works for abs, PLA, PC, nylon and small PETG parts.

Never had a 12x12 mirror tiles crack on me under temp

I use mirror tiles with a PEI sheet adhered to the surface and will never go back. I HATED painters tape and that whole process. I love prusaā€™s powder coated spring steel too.

1 Like

That sounds nicer. How often do you have to change the pei sheet out of curiosity?

Iā€™ve used a mirror bed, glass bed, and the special glass bed with the bumpy stuff on it. I eventually just went back to the stock buildtak stuff. Bottom line: it just works. And itā€™s easy to get prints off of.

1 Like

Iā€™ve never changed the one on my mirror tile, and it still looks great. They are pretty thick(about a mm).

PETG sticks to it so hard that you almost have to be careful.

2 Likes

If you pair this deal with an EZABL youā€™d have a dope printer for under $200 that would put out some pretty good quality prints.

I believe it! I have considered getting another printer, but after printing the hub/pulleys that Iā€™ve used on the budget board - I havenā€™t really touched it sinceā€¦ Honestly I should start printing my NESE cells and start dry fitting the DWII but I just cant be bothered atm :smiley:

5 Likes

At those prices, itā€™s so hard to resist, even when I donā€™t really need a 3d printer lol.
Would the hotend work out of the box for nylon/TPU? Anything else needed besides the glass bed?

2 Likes

I just did thisā€¦ Thanks for the heads up dude. @DerelictRobot has been bugging me to get one for a while.

6 Likes

My wife got me one for Christmas. Then I cancelled the order lol.
Do want. Justā€¦ Not the time.

6 Likes

Fucking FINALLY Seanathon.

Iā€™ll send you the model for the ā€œHelmet Hookā€ asap.

Edit: found it

5 Likes

I want too get a 3d printer but gonna have to wait awhile. Hopefully the promos donā€™t get removed.

Would this be a good choice for a complete noob to 3D printing and is it pretty easy to set up and use? Iā€™ve been wanting to get a 3D printer for a while and introduce my kids to this amazing technology, but I donā€™t want to be constantly fiddling with it to get decent prints. This seems like a great deal.

5 Likes

Iā€™ve only touched a couple 3d printers in real life. So I hope soā€¦ :wink:

2 Likes

For all those with Ender 3, I have to recommend the BLV MGN Ender pro mod. It was just released by a guy named Ben Levi who has created several full printer kits and released then open source. My printer is roughly based on his mgn prusa setup and it does great work
Hereā€™s the newly released Ender 3 pro BLV mod

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4008699

3 Likes

By far one of the best upgrades I did to my Ender 3 is the SKR Mini E3 control board. Loudest thing on it was the power supply fan after I installed it and it was smooth as butter. Over time mod though, itā€™s not a ā€œneedā€ per say. First on the agenda is glass bed, bed springs, and part cooling fan. Then I would say Capricorn tubing and new pnuematic push fittings. Maybe a BMG or clone extruder, E3D V6 hotend, etc. All about personal needs and where I was printing TPU, PETG, and Nylon with mine mostly I need some above average gear.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve never even touched one, but down the rabbit hole we go. I just bought one too. Time to start scouring the forum and internet for info and tips. So excited and a little scared (mostly financially, lol).

Thanks and damn you @bwahl602 for this. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

I luckily will use @DerelictRobot as my trainer, teacher, lover on this oneā€¦ Itā€™s basically his fault anyways.

3 Likes

IDK much about 3D printers really, but I supported this KS last year.

Did the pledge with wood CNC module, 2500mW Laser, 0.15mm & 0.4mm FDM modules.

Canā€™t wait for it to get here, slated for delivery 2nd quarter next year (after adjusted timelines due to suppliers).

1 Like

I could probably do a walk through or livestream on 3D printing and setup if people wanted. Iā€™ll have some time over the holidays

Hereā€™s an old shot of the custom machine I built earlier this year

7 Likes