Genuine Creality Ender 3 $144 with prime shipping

I’d be very interested in a tutorial on 3D printing in general, and especially on this unit. And even better would be to touch on necessary upgrades for better printing or using different filaments, and ESk8 specific tips or limitations.

3 Likes

how do I go from zero to printing my own gas pedals and NESE modules for our boards? esk8 specific tutorials would be most appreciated

2 Likes

might want to print tpu for gas pedals

1 Like

This wouldn’t be good for that @moon. I could print a few and send to you in the mean time if you want. But you’re not gonna want to attempt TPU on an Ender 3 without converting from Bowden to direct drive

I’ll take pictures and do some write ups on the Ender 3. I’m gonna make some quick upgrades to it. I have some lead screws, a few extruder options, v6, a few steppers etc.

3 Likes

Where can I get this DD extruder? Please tell me what other items a dummy needs to buy to be able to print in tpu. What items would I need to be able to print in abs? Thanks so much

1 Like

@mishrasubhransu has a bunch of threads about lots of this stuff.

@bwahl602 not implying that more info and guides wouldn’t help… Trying to save you work!

2 Likes

I feel like a boss now that I have a 3D printer coming… :man_shrugging:

8 Likes

I just bought another one for some reason.

Help

11 Likes

Ugh… I’m really regretting cancelling the order.

5 Likes

You should… you really should Kelly…

3 Likes

$140 shipped is stupid cheap. Like cheaper than black Friday cheap.

#enabler

2 Likes

Didn’t realize you were responding to someone else

1 Like

**You have a lot of research ahead. **

Look Everyone, if you’re new to 3D printing, I promise you, you will not be printing enclosures, TPU, abs or anything substantial for at least the first month. And that would be fast. Everyone that just bought an Ender 3 should set aside about $60 for your first 3 rolls of filament, $50 for 3D related tools and about $50-$100 for immediate upgrades. (This includes essentials like glass beds and small components- will cover some of more advanced upgrades).
**3D printing has a steep learning curve. These machines can be finicky and frustrating. Success with 3D printing requires patience and attention to detail. **

check out Teaching Tech on YouTube. He does tons of videos for the Ender 3 and you’ll find everything from total beginner to mastery level.

4 Likes

I just ordered one of these. Never 3D printed before. Do I need ink (plastic?)?

1 Like

Hatchbox or Overture PLA, 1.75mm. I’ve been using both with great results lately.

On Amazon in a variety of colors.

Recommend picking up one non-black filament as it’s easier to see your first layers.

And level your printer. Do it right. Take your time your first time to understand the process. A well leveled bed means a good first layer, which is foundational to your print quality overall.

You will need to choose a Slicer program that generates gcode from an mesh 3d file (STL). Personally I use Simplify3D but the license is a bit spendy (worth it in the long run hands down imo). Otherwise Cura is free and perfectly serviceable.

5 Likes

Im creating another thread with some guides and tutorials for 3d printing and setting up this machine

4 Likes

Now I’m going to get to say things like “I’ll just 3D print it”, and “Hey dude, do you have a 3D printer? Oh you don’t? I do…”, and “Fuck it. I’ll just 3D print another one…” and…

to be continued…

11 Likes

Creality Ender 3, setup, mods/improvements and how-tos

check here if you made the purchase

6 Likes

This holds me back

@skunk well you have to buy filament. If you have a tool collection and digital calibers, the tools are covered. And you don’t have to do any or all of the upgrades to get started.