Genuine Creality Ender 3 $144 with prime shipping

Would this be a good choice for a complete noob to 3D printing and is it pretty easy to set up and use? I’ve been wanting to get a 3D printer for a while and introduce my kids to this amazing technology, but I don’t want to be constantly fiddling with it to get decent prints. This seems like a great deal.

5 Likes

I’ve only touched a couple 3d printers in real life. So I hope so… :wink:

2 Likes

For all those with Ender 3, I have to recommend the BLV MGN Ender pro mod. It was just released by a guy named Ben Levi who has created several full printer kits and released then open source. My printer is roughly based on his mgn prusa setup and it does great work
Here’s the newly released Ender 3 pro BLV mod

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4008699

3 Likes

By far one of the best upgrades I did to my Ender 3 is the SKR Mini E3 control board. Loudest thing on it was the power supply fan after I installed it and it was smooth as butter. Over time mod though, it’s not a “need” per say. First on the agenda is glass bed, bed springs, and part cooling fan. Then I would say Capricorn tubing and new pnuematic push fittings. Maybe a BMG or clone extruder, E3D V6 hotend, etc. All about personal needs and where I was printing TPU, PETG, and Nylon with mine mostly I need some above average gear.

2 Likes

I’ve never even touched one, but down the rabbit hole we go. I just bought one too. Time to start scouring the forum and internet for info and tips. So excited and a little scared (mostly financially, lol).

Thanks and damn you @bwahl602 for this. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

I luckily will use @DerelictRobot as my trainer, teacher, lover on this one… It’s basically his fault anyways.

3 Likes

IDK much about 3D printers really, but I supported this KS last year.

Did the pledge with wood CNC module, 2500mW Laser, 0.15mm & 0.4mm FDM modules.

Can’t wait for it to get here, slated for delivery 2nd quarter next year (after adjusted timelines due to suppliers).

1 Like

I could probably do a walk through or livestream on 3D printing and setup if people wanted. I’ll have some time over the holidays

Here’s an old shot of the custom machine I built earlier this year

7 Likes

Yeah. Ugh.

You won’t catch me again Gypsy. I’m not going down this rabbithole (again). I’ve been stock for 3 years now, i can’t relapse.

2 Likes

I’m gifting this to my cousin. Im going to print a few upgrades for it before I give it to her on Xmas. Ill take some pictures while I have the machine

3 Likes

Thanks my dudes, I just not so subtly dropped the hint for my wife to buy this for me today for Xmas lol.

1 Like

Nice machine. heading down a similar path myself with a machine I am designing / building. Only difference is I am going with a dual x carriage setup. Are you running .9º steppers? Been a year in the making so far and has been delayed more because I just picked up a Folgertech FT5 kit last week for $100 and that is sucking up my time right now.

1 Like

Other than the loudness, did you notice any other differences? It has built in smoothers too I guess

Please tell me about the ft-5 I’m planning to buy the ft-6 when I get the funds and a little time under my belt with the ender

Nice find! I just picked it up and I already have a printer lol can’t really pass it up at that price.

1 Like

I’d be very interested in a tutorial on 3D printing in general, and especially on this unit. And even better would be to touch on necessary upgrades for better printing or using different filaments, and ESk8 specific tips or limitations.

3 Likes

how do I go from zero to printing my own gas pedals and NESE modules for our boards? esk8 specific tutorials would be most appreciated

2 Likes

might want to print tpu for gas pedals

1 Like

This wouldn’t be good for that @moon. I could print a few and send to you in the mean time if you want. But you’re not gonna want to attempt TPU on an Ender 3 without converting from Bowden to direct drive

I’ll take pictures and do some write ups on the Ender 3. I’m gonna make some quick upgrades to it. I have some lead screws, a few extruder options, v6, a few steppers etc.

3 Likes

Where can I get this DD extruder? Please tell me what other items a dummy needs to buy to be able to print in tpu. What items would I need to be able to print in abs? Thanks so much

1 Like