Generic_vanguard.jpg | 2x 6354 | Flipsky 4.20 Dual | Loaded Vanguard

You can also use AS150 for antispark connector

The space in the ESC enclosure was much tighter than I anticipated. But here is a picture of how I roughly was going to lay out the electronics.

My question though is how much you can bend the wires without them taking damage? I for example was going to bend the Metr Pro module 180 degrees and then push it down. So sandwiching it I guess you would say

I have also added a rubber gasket around the battery and ESC enclosure. I used one which has this trace inside it, that I put over the edges of the enclosures.

EDIT: Also before anyone points it out, I will ofcourse insulate the motor wire connectors. I will not leave them nude like that :smiley:

1 Like

Started working on the battery. Still waiting on some replacement cells from nkon though as several I received had dents on them.

I will first make P-groups like this, using 0.15mm nickel

I will then make the series connection with nickel as well.

I have insulation between some p-groups, but I ran out of fucking fishpaper… so I will not be able to insulate all the groups.

1 Like

Order more fish paper, save yourself some peace of mind

1 Like

I found an unsused sheet that I had laying around. So all well :smiley: Will update the thread with pics of the battery once it is done.

Look what showed up in the mail today!

This is NOT the unity I ordered from Enertion in this post:

But one I found for sale in my country.

Also ordered 10meters of fish paper that came as well, which will come in handy for future battery builds. As the one I have now is not as good as can be, so I will make another one in the future that will have 30Q cells instead of 25R ones.

2 Likes

Updates? :slight_smile:

Updates on this build:

The whole thing was postponed because of me falling into a depression when my mother passed away as I was in the middle of the build. But I am now determined to complete it. I will be scrapping the battery and hand over the rest of the work to a battery maker on the forum. Here is a picture of my progress on it.

I decided to go with a 10s4p configuration instead, to get more power and range. Still with 25R cells though.

I also got hold of a Unity, which I will be using instead of the flipsky vesc. The first post has been edited with these differences.

4 Likes

Looking forward to hearing that it’s finished and the joys of riding it! From one motherless SOB to another, you got this brotha! Stay strong! :fist: