Gauging interest in Precision DKP trucks

@rafaelinmissouri because he’s ridden other dkps and isn’t allowed to buy anything new for another 8 months or so
and
@Venom121212 because I think he’s ridden every other truck out there except dkp.

Both are incredible builders

2 Likes

I’m definitely interested in the TKP option for this. I have 1 build to finish and a board to fix before I start anything else, but most of my non-eskate has been tkp and all of my eskate has been rkp. I’d like to see how I like a tkp eskate, but the stories of surf rodz breaking scare me, and those seem to be almost the only option unless you do something custom.

2 Likes

I appreciate you dude but in all honesty I’m gonna be super esk8 uncool for like a year with new baby on the way.

See you guys at 50s!

6 Likes

dude … all kinds of parenting can be done from the bench…

4 Likes

really only the Evolve ones.

But I am totally on a DKP kick and the Demonseed with the Evolve Trucks is getting pretty regular action.

So fun to just mellow out.

3 Likes

Although if this extends to push boards… I’m back in

Where am I supposed to send my 44" demonseed to get straight threaded inserts then?

2 Likes

2 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@Razillian, I’m actually machining TKP hangers right now , as we speak.
6 sets will be 180mm hanger length.
Just wanted to let you know, if that helps in any way.
Cheers, Phil

3 Likes

That said, no DKP’s

So what you were really asking was

“Can you make it as low profile as possible”?

2 Likes

@CHAINMAILLEKID
how is changing rake on a series kingpin DKP different from a RKP?

1 Like

Please tell me that they aren’t all spoken for

1 Like

Well, you kinda have two different rake distances going on, because the hanger can pivot in two different places, and each of those axis are a different distance from the axle.

I think in general you just take the average of the two offset differences, and that’s how you’d compare it with other trucks.

Regardless, this construction style is going to have a lot more rake than nearly any other style of truck, and I think that’s a big reason why trucks like Gullwing Sidewinders are able to achieve a much more surfskate feel.

There’s actually a lot of things you can do with the two different pivots that aren’t being done by anyone. For example, they don’t have to be at the same angle to each other. You don’t have to have the same bushings. You could probably bias the setup toward one set of geometries by having a softer bushing set for that corresponding pivot.

There’s also probably a new interaction going on with these trucks that parallels rake.
As rake is to the axle location relative to the pivot axis on a standard truck, so is the location of the second pivot cup relative to the first pivot axis. Moving that second pivot cup probably changes things in ways I do not know.

7 Likes

So true. You do not need parallel kingpins. I would love a truck that had a surfskate-like feel.

2 Likes

@Razillian after the process starts when do you think you’ll have them in hand?

1 Like

Oh and would the hangar from a different DKP truck work?

1 Like

I placed the order last night. They are generally pretty quick, so I would expect around 3 weeks I should be taking some product pictures

2 Likes

Probably not, the angle for the pivot on these is different than most (all?) other dkps. You could however use the hanger from @Savage1’s TKP trucks I believe.

1 Like