Gauging interest in Precision DKP trucks

No way to just get the DKP piece without the hanger?

It’s just a general numbers game, the more I order the more the machine setup costs get distributed across the parts. As example, the difference between 20 and 30 trucks is around $9 a truck.

As far as testing, I’ve been riding the first gen for around 10 months now on my demonseed. But there wasn’t much interest in them when I ordered a year ago and I basically made them for giggles. Just turned out that I love them (as does my fiance), hence the new order.

It seems like most of the community’s regular testers are either anti-dkp or want faster not carvey, but I will probably send a set or two out for review once they arrive. The world must know how awesome dkp can be :grin:

1 Like

I have been thinking about that, especially given that a lot of people already have hangers and baseplates for SR TKPs. I’m leaning towards selling the parts separately. I know there will probably be a few people (@glyphiks) who love SR TKP but hate the separate hanger/bushing holder setup. Most members who might want a 177mm solid TKP hanger have probably glossed over this thread because it’s titled DKP. So quantity will probably balance out.

The only problem with not getting the hanger is the bushing holder. The SR bushing holders doesn’t have the seating to hold the bushings the same, so I have no earthly idea how they would ride.

Is the tldr here that you will have one piece tkp hangers? Same profile?

1 Like

Yes

1 Like

I love it when you talk dirty like that.

rick-and-morty-morty

3 Likes

Yeah I think I’m interested but would like to hear more feedback from those who are getting it. Also, like the idea of being able to get my own hangar.

Very well designed. Looks to be top notch machining and anodizing as well. If @Razillian ends up making these, you dkp peeps will be VERY satisfied by the quality methinks…

6 Likes

I thought one of the weak points of that Surf Rodz design are the two screws in the hanger. Would a one piece hanger design be much more reliable?

2 Likes

I am making the one piece hanger which will come with the dkp trucks or be available on its own.

I also have a limited quantity of the original bushing holder that can take a chubby bushing (what @Lionpuncher is showing) that I will probably offer up for those who want to use the SR hangers.

3 Likes

Sounds good. I use fat cones in the most boardside position on all my DKPs.

Precision DKP? Just so happens that Metro board is redesigning our precision DKP to be a little more affordable.

What would you guys like to see since we’re going to be making it anyway? Who would you like to see test them?

5 Likes

Are y’all just redesigning for cost? I’d like to see stability at speed.

1 Like

I would like to see an overall lower height to the trucks that would allow them to be mounted below a deck.

Can you draw what you mean? As far as I know, all skateboard trucks are mounted underneath the deck.

1 Like

Most DKPs go through the board and mount on the top. All other trucks have the primary mounting plate below the deck.

Generally anything you can mount drop through should still be able to mounted below the deck. Not sure there’s a design that can’t do both tbh.

1 Like

Yeah but personally, mounting dkp underneath makes the deck way too tall to have any significant stability. A super short dkp, lowpro dkp if you will, would be a groundbreaking development. Seems improbable, trying to design each part to be short as possible seems like it might interfere with structural integrity. And to have all three criteria met seems just a quest for a holy grail. Super short, stable, reliable dkp sounds too good to be true. But I’m no engineer.

2 Likes

You can mount DKPs below the deck but the overall height of the truck really raises the deck height. A DKP that was shorted overall may be able to address that issue. You are right. It many not be possible.

1 Like

Shave off 100mm from the hanger length :grin:

1 Like