FW 5.3 is out! Vesc Tool 3.01

If that’s the case, I guess you could use the no-limit firmware instead?

3.01 won’t show me any FW or HW options unless I’m diconnected from the VESC, even looking at non-default FWs

Maybe? It was my understanding they had some customizations but I couldn’t decipher what. I have not tried the custom firmware yet anyways. Just finished the enclosure design to start testing my DV6 pro.

That’s very odd for sure…

2 Likes

I have screenshots for proof if necessary

1 Like

I’m not really asking you to prove anything, I believe you, but this might be an issue for MakerX.

They’ll have to update it, otherwise just stay with the old firmware.

Maybe they had more custom stuff on the dv6 than I thought but I’ll try it out when I get mine up and running to see if mine does that too

1 Like

le sigh

1 Like

manually update with 6

I need more direction than that please

“Added power switch commands.”
anybody know what this is?

1 Like

I assumed this meant more shutdown modes

Edit: I am wrong

1 Like

AFAIK these are commands that can be sent over the canbus to power on or off devices with the nessacary hardware.

5 Likes

YES
maybe we can remote start boards with devices powered directly off of the battery?
this sounds pointless but is the perfect opportunity to fuck with people by making a board randomly move without having to leave it on :rofl:

2 Likes

lol soon we’ll have a whole CAN network inside our boards instead of just a single vesc-vesc connection

3 Likes

No, it’s just a single executable file. You probably need to change the file attributes and mark it as executable.

3 Likes

I just updated and set up and now my motors sound crunchy and one just stops working, what did I do? Every is set exactly the same as it was on 5.2

1 Like

oohh this is cool, I installed the full APK on my chromebook and it’s the full desktop VESCtool. I wonder if it’s just as capable as the linux/win desktop versions.

I can finally successfully connect over TCP through metr using the full APK on a chromebook, I have nothing more to ask from this software (besides a FW5.3 for the DV6p)

3 Likes

DaveGa works. Even on old DaveGa firmware.

7 Likes

I wish the compatibility of metr and VT would improve, but it has to come from both sides.

That was fast. Tbf I was spinning it at full speed on my desk slamming and braking fast

2 Likes

I noticed a weird issue on the bench when updating to FW 5.3 with a 60d+. I wonder if anyone else will have the same results.

At higher constant speeds, I would get random, split-second cogging noises. It sounds like a micro cutout every few seconds.

Not willing to test what that feels like at speed.

I can confirm that it made the second uart port of my stormcore 60d+ start working immediately.

2 Likes