FW 5.3 is out! Vesc Tool 3.01

Did you use different usb cables to rule out the cable being the issue?

2 Likes

Between 5A and 40A

It’s a steady draw once it activates and requires sooo much extra power. It also takes from the available battery and motor limits.

For example, if you have battery amps set to 40A, adding 30A of field weakening only allows for 10A of actual battery power once FW activates. That may not be enough to accelerate beyond normal top speed, so the battery amps would need to be increased… and you may quickly surpass the battery’s capability.

1 Like

so if I understand field weakening correctly, which I probably don’t, but is it right that if my battery & esc are both rated up to 180A and I have 70A per side motor current then I would need 120A FW current to give me 50A of overhead to power FW? and would that be good current levels for achieving good FW?

I just read this field weakening experience on Endless Sphere that you may find interesting:

6 Likes

The missing information is that range is probably quartered :rofl:

But a good trade-off if that aligns with your goals.

2 Likes

should I upgrade to 5.3? any benefits? feels like I just hear about issues

If you are not trying to take advantage of any of those fancy silent HFI features and what not, I wouldn’t bother with 5.3 yet

2 Likes

thanks dad

1 Like

Anytime Son :grinning: also stay in school and don’t do drugs! Use protection! :fire::fire::fire::fire::zap::zap::zap::rocket::rocket:

8 Likes

No issues on 60d+ in 1100kms so far

1 Like

You tried the silent HFI? My daily driver pooped it’s sensors a bit ago and I’ve been curious about trying it out.

1 Like

I’m like a couple hundred on a 60d+ and like 100 if that on a unity. So far nothing weird.

I’ll probably move 4wd build in the making to 5.3 and try sHFI off the bat to see if it works

2 Likes

can someone eli5 sHFI

1 Like

I only agree with one of these statements.

5 Likes

Motor go vroom battery go sadg

Nope, haven’t needed to, sensors still rocking it :crossed_fingers:

Im pretty sure silent hfi is new to FW 6.0(beta)

4 Likes

El tema del FW y MTPA sabéis algo ??

Do you know anything about FW and MTPA?

3 Likes

Today and for the third time my mtb leave me like full throttle :sweat_smile: happy to ride on desert places without anyone

“Always” the same shit with nothing special, i get down of the board, put my ass down and few minutes later she start full gaz
Makerx dv6pro fw5.3 “no limits” some things i can change on the parameters ?

Also “shutdown mode” doesnt work for me

This sounds like a remote /receiver issue. What remote you using?

3 Likes