FW 5.3 is out! Vesc Tool 3.01

That’s in the beta app, which doesn’t have a mobile app version. You get that from the vesctool page

Edit
Firmware 6.0 beta 40

How do i get the beta app?

You sign up on vesctool website. Purchase a bundle to either support vedders progress as a donation or the free one. Then go to purchased files to download

1 Like

I have v 3.01, is there a new version?

1 Like

u can use this link to get the BETA firmware, it is only beta, so u have been warned

https://vesc-project.com/download/28

edit: u need to have an account in vesctool website and signed in to be able to download it. and no, i will not provide any attachment for any of vesctool’s beta firmware.

5 Likes

Beta firmware means you ARE the test.

4 Likes

Thank you guys, I’ll wrap myself in bubble wrap when testing

lets-go-baby-frozone

This just in, MakerX now ships the DV6 Pro with 5.3 preloaded.

2 Likes

Ooh. I still need to get mine updated. Is that the firmware that lets you set it all the way up to 180a?

1 Like

Haven’t tried, I wanna keep this build reliable so I’m staying away from maxing out the limits of any of my components.

Last time I got 180A on a DV6+ was with @jaykup custom FW

2 Likes

That’s fair.

It allows me to set absolute max current to 150A instead of the usual 99A so I think it is the unlocked version. Haven’t tried 180A yet.

99A is typically the Battery Current Max default, not the Absolute Maximum Current default

6 Likes

RUSINS! YOU RE A FREAK!

1 Like

So I upgraded my Unity to beta 6.0 it wasn’t functioning correctly and would disconnect when trying to load 5.3 or lower, wouldn’t even take the Focbox firmware. I kept getting unable to load firmware message so I restored it using STLink and am now on 5.3. Anyone know why this happened? I tried it a couple of times and the same thing would happen.

1 Like

3 Likes

Probably a question for the official vesc tool forum vs here. I think the programmers and dev folk over there might be able to help you.

I’ll check, thank you

My dv6 pro on 5.2 runs 180a

1 Like