Fused loop keys

I have no idea what cheap bms is in this battery pack. When I build a replacement pack, it’ll have a smart bms.

I find it interesting that people on this forum tend to trust software more than simple hardware. Take it from a high assurance software dev, you shouldn’t.

1 Like

:+1: Amen!

4 Likes

What a surprise, dead unities, let me guess, dead antisparks?

Haha none of them died that way

All DRV faults or phase shorts/motor deaths

1 Like

Ah rip

Luckily mine are a different drv fault lol

1 Like

Ok, this topic is… well I cant even begin to explain it.

Why not just add the fuse inline like a normal person and use a typical loopkey.
This way you dont have to modify a XT90 with a fuse on its end. You have your Fuse because
of saftey or whatever and you can also replace them if you by the right fuse cable.

I dont see why anyone would try to re-make something that is already solved and solved
more simple than soldering fuses to the key itself. Just add the damn thing in line like a normal person would.

The Fuse Key creates more issues than helps.
Con: have re replace the whole key or design for this to work.
Con: Cost more time to replace and cost more.
Con: Makes Key larger than needed, fat girls need love to.

Fuse in line like a normal person.
Pro: No need to redesign a key.
Pro: Key stays simple and if needed easy to remake and replace.
Pro: Fuse blows easy to replace due to the in line fuse holder.

I just dont even understand why this is a thing…
Please help convert me, I want to know why there is any argument on why this is ok, normal, should be accepted etc. Just seams weird to me and had to say something, I couldnt stop myself.

Final Thought:
If this was a car, and the key was fused then we need to buy a new key each time the car acts up and blows it, would you buy that car? Imma say No, No, No and No.

#putthefuseinline

See the top post. I would like to use a fuse holder, but I can’t. There’s very little room in the zboard 2 enclosure. Not even enough for an small inline blade fuse holder, let alone a holder that can take a 40A fuse like a large inline or MIDI.

2 Likes

you’re going to fill those empty silicone sleeves with epoxy and fake wires and sell them as Tenkas, aren’t you?

4 Likes

Definitely not…

I’m gonna sell them as unitys

5 Likes