Fuse your charge ports: Ft. The smallest user serviceable fuse/holder

Elecstupridcity

2 Likes

I also have a smaller version. :man_shrugging: I made the little bit bigger one to accommodate a better flag connector.

1 Like

This has no voltage rating. Ok? Plan to just solder it on the charge port

How soon do you need it? If you can wait a couple weeks (I’m out of town at this moment) I’ll send you a 58V one

2 Likes

Google to the rescue…32V
Decent chance of that fuse arcing badly, possibly worse, if it trips. Though it seems some folks use fuses with voltage ratings much too low without problems. Playing with fire (no pun intended) IMO. Best to use a properly rated fuse.

https://www.littelfuse.com/media?resourcetype=datasheets&itemid=f0588e47-da36-4c89-83b9-08ae86daf931&filename=littelfuse-smart-glow-ato-blade-datasheet-r2.1

3 Likes

Thanks but in a rush and doing 126v full charge. I kept the receipt.

Can I still find one at the auto parts store? I guess I can add it later but wanted to get it all done today.

Of course google could tell me… but I like ur insight. I guess if it arcs it’s essentially not a fuse

Wellllll…the arc provides a ton of extra energy that causes the fuse to explode and that quite effectively disconnects the pack.

The shrapnel and fire are perhaps a less than ideal byproduct of the disconnection though. :joy:

1 Like

Oo ok I thought the fuse might open the circuit when it blows from high current but the two open sides would maybe be close enough to continue passing current by arcing. I guess it’s just the initial explosion from arcing that’s the problem