Fun Rideable Toys - PEV Build Discussion 🏎️

Thank you very much!!! Will do.

1 Like

for anyone using ebike hub motors what esc is the best choice to power them? i dont think i want to use the kit every place sells a version of, id like to get something that will hold up. (48v or 13S 40A maybe more)

Any single vesc based esc that meets your minimum specs will control it just fine.

The ebike hubs pin out to a 9 pin higo usually (from bafang) so this adapter will give you the common 3 phase and sensor wires.

3 Likes

Thanks, that’s what I assumed but I wanted to make sure. Thank you for the replay as usual :handshake:

The hub I’m looking at has all the loose wires coming out so in my case it’s just a matter of making extensions for phase and sensor wires but good looking out!

There are not the same amount of sensor wires on it as Esk8 motors have I hope it’s as easy as color matching but the description doesn’t say what color wire does what, so I’ll have to figure that out.

1 Like

@DerelictRobot @jack.luis do our plans for electric off-road karts/buggies fit in with this thread? :grin:

2 Likes

I’m bringing my razor scooter thing to Portland bro

But I totally think we should build one of these each of us so we could fuck around

3 Likes

Parts are starting to come in, ESC should be here soon along with hub motor :call_me_hand::call_me_hand:

7 Likes

What is this going into?

The drift trike behind the wheels, getting the rubber tires allows me to either have good traction or throw the PVC sleeves on and have a lot of fun.

2 Likes

Add epoxy to the mix and you can make anything

1 Like

The world is now mine with that last additive to my tool collection!!!

1 Like

Will I be placed in the shitty DIY with this maneuver?? I mean it works but looks a lil sketchy sketch.

5 Likes

@Scepterr did the same thing with a trampa wand :rofl:

5 Likes

There is just no good way to make twist throttle with Regen. Best I got! Glad someone else had the same idea.

1 Like

Some people have two throttles as vescs have 2 or even 3 ADC inputs.

2 Likes

Yep, map forward to adc1 and reverse to adc2 iirc

5 Likes

I just messaged Evan to show me what y’all are talking about. I hope that is possible that would be great!!

1 Like

@PixelatedPolyeurthan is the one to ask/post here as he just got it working last week.

@Evwan knows too apparently :rofl:

3 Likes

Gonna send the message here too as everyone should know this.

ADC1 for the main throttle. And on the other handlebar side you can have adc2 go to a second throttle. There’s a control mode for that too.

Both throttles share the same power/gnd inputs too I believe, so it’s gonna need some soldering.

4 Likes

I have this scooter thing

I got a 2000 watt motor for it from Amazon.

I’m going to cut it in the middle. Side to side. Weld new tubes in to extend it. I have a battery I’m not using and it doesn’t quite fit.
I have two brains for it. I would like to make the trampa work, but I ain’t no genius

It will be fun. And fast

4 Likes