FSESC Failure, Motors smoke

I do still have those haggy 6374’s which I’ll be opening in a bit. What should I pay attention to?

Damn. Someone is selling the stators, and if you still had those, you could’ve done a can swap and had some nice maytech motors for cheap.

What broke on the haggy’s?

I do still have those haggy 6374’s which I’ll be opening in a bit. What should I pay attention to?

Not sure. Haven’t opened them yet that’s why Im asking what I should look at or how can I test them. I have access to various equipment. Regulated power supply, Oscilloscope etc.

I see. Im afraid im not very experienced in that field, so i cant tell you exactly what to look for. Hopefully one of the other guys can chime in soon.

Maybe this could be of some sort of guide?

1 Like

I think all 3 phase wires should have continuity and very low resistance…motors are like 40 miliohms if I remember

That’s a good read, I added it

2 Likes

I feel your pain… my flipsky 420 plus dual died on detection and whole side is just read now, replaced with 2 focboxes (brand new) decided to upgrade firmware after getting setup… used wrong version and killed them both on detection.

Got a makerX dual in the way to kill next lol :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just from the looks motor itself looks good. I dont see any black stuff or anything burned. Will try your method in a bit. Should I test something else while its opened? Also the stator size is 41mm. I think maytechs I had before were 37mm or something like that.

1 Like

So I’ve just tested the motor with your method and they performed just as you described. Windings look intact, magnets look brand new (rode it once) What else can I look for? Or have they survived? :smiley:

1 Like

So it passed all the test with flying colours. The drill test (02.3 in all the combinations)the wires test all of the steps described in the article. Now for the sensor part. How do I test that? Just look for shorts?

1 Like

Um, just check for varying resistance when approached with a magnet? The good news is that you dont need sensors to run so atleast you still have motors!

1 Like

At least something! The vesc I kinda resoonding. I hooked it up to the PC. What can I do to reset the DRV or reset all the values previously programmed on it. How can I look for errors? “Faults” does nothing.

Yeah what @Zach said. I would recommend sensorless anyway because it’s less stuff to fail and it’s less stuff to set up, and it’s less variables to troubleshoot. Just sometimes you might get cogging at exactly 0.00km/h but at any other speed it’s totally fine.

So it looks like your problem is only the ESC. That’s good news

dayyummm that sucksssss

1 Like

Flipsky fsesc are total garbage. Ive had nothing but problems with them. Doesn’t matter if it’s their single 6.6 or dual 6.6 mini. They all suck, I sent my 6.6 mini back to them almost 2 weeks ago and yesterday I get a message asking for the tracking number, which I sent to them 2 weeks ago and they responded saying they got it. Im attempting a charge back via credit card as the customer service is a joke.

2 Likes

I’m trying to get info from Flipsky. They had been pretty bad during those 4 days lol. They keep asking more questions (which is good) but not answering any of mine.

I hope it’s good news. I got red flashing light on my ESC I’m guessing that indicates some kind of error? I also wonder if I can somehow reset the whole ESC. Do you have an idea of what this option does? Pic below

DRV
DRV8301 Reset Latched Faults

Sorry man, mine never got the red flash. One side would stop working, I could power cycle it and it would work again. They’ll ask for a video showing the problem. Then want you to send it back to China which isn’t cheap. File a credit card dispute.

How are those bearings that you were testing out for me. Did they ever die on you?

That could be good or bad.

They could be trying to help :slight_smile:

They could also be fishing for a reason to say you voided your warranty :frowning: Although, that’s assuming Flipsky has a warranty is a another big question

3 Likes

:joy:

1 Like