FreeSK8 Mobile App (iOS & Android) Robogotchi & GPS Modules

@frame I’ve always preferred getting people with this song instead. Rick roll is getting old

Mario meme

2 Likes

Lol guess what
Youtube said no :rofl: :rofl:
Screenshot_20210114-073423_YouTube

4 Likes

:joy:

Holy. Shit.

That’s fuckin hilarious.

REALLY though? Really?

4 Likes

I knew my VPN connection to Japan would pay off one day, thanks PIA

6 Likes

** battery catches fire and you watch your creation turn into ashes and toxic fumes

:notes:Li-ion sleeps tonight:notes:

8 Likes

Renee has a sick sense of humor :joy:

6 Likes

Well fook…

Me got fooked by the autobots

5 Likes

Digs up his collection of Nokia ring tones…

2 Likes

Were nearing the last of our v1.3 Robogotchi beta hardware inventory, so if you’re looking to jump in on these before we wait for the first production batch now is your chance.

We are also rapidly approaching the public release of the FreeSK8 Mobile app on Android & iOS.

11 Likes

12 Likes

GPS next to Robo in the red heatshrink. Pretty much right under my back foot.

Once I have a gps lock, it’s been working perfectly, but I have found that sometimes it takes a little while to actually get the lock, especially if I just jump on and ride.

9 Likes

Here’s the first of many installed on the 4x4
Hacked a hole in the esc case so I could see the screen.
Gets lock almost before it’s turned on in this position.

10 Likes

Getting there slowly but surely. Mounted the gotchi and the gps unit on top of my apex enclosure in a printed box that I designed using the available Stl files on GitHub.

Will replace the cover with a version that will be a bit more mud resistant after I get everything working.

12 Likes

Gotta get one of these printed up. Looks great.

4 Likes

Old FW and App

3 Likes

I had a pretty good time playing around with fusion and the models. Probably would have been better off working on the rest of the board but it’s cold as fuck here

4 Likes

On this note: I forgot to update inventory on the website with the last batch we built & tested, so erroneously went out of stock this morning.

Has since been corrected with updated inventory.

Bonus: All Robogotchi’s are now shipping with these sweet MJF enclosures.

(If you’re a beta tester that doesn’t have one of these and wants an upgrade, please PM me and we shall make it so)

6 Likes

Will these fit with the v2 apex enclosures? :grin:

Does this work with my Wand? (The one from Trampa! :P) If yes, is there any chance of installing an external antenna for BLE / NRF? I have a full CF setup, internal antennas are pretty much useless.

1 Like

I just weld, fibreglass and do up bolts. For technical enquires you want @ducktaperules or @Lee_Wright :grin:

4 Likes