FreeSK8 Mobile App (iOS & Android) Robogotchi & GPS Modules

The module were using is a pretty decent one, but yeah there are some pretty amazing higher end options out there. We have tested it with a few different gps modules so far with success, the one thing to look out for are power requirements: the Robogotchi GPS Uart is only supplying 3.3v and I’ve seen a few odd modules requiring 5v as they have their own internal vreg

4 Likes

Patiently waiting for that gps x-mount. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

We’re working on it! Renee is pumping out a small batch (shown above) that we will make available to our beta testers while we’re waiting on the larger production batch to arrive.

14 Likes

Very nice. Will these just fit your gps module or do you think it’ll be somewhat universal?

1 Like

Such a thing doesn’t exist for GPS modules. The 4x tapped holes in the middle are for our FreeSK8 GPS module. Nothing stopping someone from making a different enclosure with those mounting hole dimensions I suppose.

3 Likes

Ooooohhhh. Thats hot.

2 Likes

FreeSK8 Mobile App v0.8.0 Beta Release has been published on iOS Testflight & Google Play. This update is mainly focused on improving the reporting of faults seen and recorded by the Robogotchi.

Renee’s Update Found Here.

FreeSK8 Mobile App v0.8.0 Release Notes

* Shareable fault reports
* Display faults observed since power up
* Chart in ride log viewer highlights faults
* Data popup in ride log displays fault code
* Faults are displayed on map when viewing ride log
* Map fault indicator will report fault code
* Faults observed report generated for each log
* Fix duplicate timers on iOS

Faults observed since power up can be seen by tapping the fault indicator on the connection status tab

and can be shared or copied to your clipboard :tada:

Faults are highlighted on the chart in the ride log viewer :eyes:

If you have GPS data faults will also appear on the map :sunglasses:

Tapping the icon on the map will tell you about the fault

Swipe up and tap the fault indicator in the ride log viewer to get a full report of all faults recorded during a ride :call_me_hand:

That’s pretty much all there is to see. There is an updated Robogotchi firmware (v0.6.0) necessary for sending the faults message to the application. The wiki has been updated with a signed firmware zip!

Robogotchi Firmware v0.6.0 Release Notes

* Adding fault packet processing
* Expanded fault data structure
* Button 2 will silence a melody
* Using static buffers for filesystem

We also have some fancy Robogotchi Deluxe enclosures (printed in MJF PA12 Nylon) in stock, will have them available on the website or as an upgrade option on the Robogotchi product page over the weekend.

We are putting together a roadmap/features hitlist in the coming days. Currently logs are locally/exportable, but we’re working on a webapp/upload/embedded logview to make sharing easier. More on that soon.

10 Likes

Robogotchi gotchi!
Top Speed: 36.22 kph
Avg Speed: 14.2 kph
Distance: 15.34 km
Battery Amps: 28.1
Motor Amps: 65.3
Duration: 1:04:16

Values Format: DateTime, Voltage, Motor Temp, Mosfet Temp, DutyCycle, Motor Current, Battery Current, eRPM, eDistance, ESC ID
Position Format: latitude, longitude, sats_in_view, altitude, speed

Short, wet ride on 'thane tonight. So nice to get home without worrying about if ride data was recorded. All there including the painfully slow speed data. :grimacing:

9 Likes

4 Likes

When are we likely to see embedded logs @DerelictRobot @skate420?

as if you’re not busy enough…

3 Likes

Thanks to some open source generosity that gave us a big headstart, this is further along than one might think.

We’ve got a webapp hosted & functional, just need to tidy up some things before it’s ready for public consumption.

6 Likes

My heros :green_heart:

5 Likes

Were they having wheelchair races at the retirement home again?

6 Likes

Riding in the wet on 'thane. Not conducive to Need for Speed antics. Though it’s true I’m not a fast rider.

5 Likes

You know I love you :kissing_heart:, you go as fast as you need. I’ll stop now.

3 Likes

i need this plate without the 4 holes for GPS module, i need it for no reason

5 Likes

Never stop stopping.

3 Likes

Exits stage left, tail between legs, tear, curtains.

3 Likes

You’ll be back. But this time in a leopard mankini.

3 Likes

I love this job.

1 Like