FreeSK8 Mobile App (iOS & Android) Robogotchi & GPS Modules

Refreshing TestFlight like a maniac.

4 Likes

First time having one of these so… where is the pairing code? Haha. Have tried ever number combo

2 Likes

lol it’s supposed to be there

2 Likes

:disappointed_relieved:

@DerelictRobot haaallpppp

1 Like

im gonna guess its 42069

3 Likes

Each Xenigotchi comes with a pair of stickers with a 6-digit code on them, included in the antistatic bag they come in.

4 Likes

@SeanHacker any chance you have this? :sweat_smile: if not it’s cool, don’t have to use it.

2 Likes

99.9% sure I do have it in the bag it came in. I’ll be home in the evening tomorrow and I’ll grab it for ya.

Definitely want you to use it dude. You’ll love it. I’ll let you know right when I find it.

Sorry about that dude.

3 Likes

Sounds good, no rush!

2 Likes

Can’t tell if this is a unity problem, my configuration, or just bad luck but asking here. My unity gives an error when it’s supposed to auto power down, I don’t currently have an externally mounted power switch so I can’t manually turn the unity off, and the xenigotchi loses its mind buzzing constantly as soon as the system sends out an error message from timing out. Haven’t sealed the enclosure up because the only way to get rid of it is to pull the power

Can the alarm buzzer be disabled in the xenigotchi? Or remotely told to calm down? Or can the xenigotchi power off the unity over UART?

1 Like

I experienced the same problem. It can be mitigated by setting Shutdown Mode to ALWAYS_ON

2 Likes

oh you beautiful bastard, thanks! I’m currently trying a reflash to see if the specific error thing can help because there seems to be some other unity weirdness going on too, but if not I’ll use this in the next few hours

2 Likes

This is precisely what should be happening. That it’s still supplying 5v power to the Xenigotchi after it shuts down is odd. I’ll see if I can replicate here, but I’ve previously used a Unity without a power switch and don’t recall this happening on timeout.

1 Like

Wait the xenigotchi is able to send a power off command? I couldn’t find it anywhere in the app config settings

1 Like

No, it’s just powering on/shutting down based on the presence of 5v from the ESC drv. Sorry, read your original question wrong.

This sounds like a hardware issue with your unity rather than a firmware setting. Sounds like 5v is still present after the Unity auto shuts down, which shouldn’t be happening.

1 Like

Right I’ve done a bit more testing, just putting this here for record in case other people have a similar issue I don’t think I require any more help xx

Looks like @DerelictRobot is correct about the unity putting out 5v when it shouldn’t. I used the power button while the board was on the bench and both the Xenigotchi and the UART VX2 receiver stayed on when the ESC was “off”. Curiously though, it didn’t set off the gotchi alarm. It seems that rather than the xenigotchi staying on with the ESC off (and therefore scaring the xenigotchi into an alarm), they both just stayed on. Semi-broken anti spark?

I’m using @rpasichnyk ’s suggestion now (I thought it didn’t work initially because I forgot that app settings and motor settings need to be synced separately in VESC tool, but it’s working now). I had thought it was draining a lot of battery because I was looking at the percentage estimate in the freesk8 app. It seems to be taking 0.7v overnight.

The first one was taken 40 minutes after a ride so the battery voltage should have recovered, and the second one was the next day. The battery drain is just from sitting idle with the unity running, along with the two UART devices I guess.

1 Like

I have to qualify this as a guess, but I do think you’re spot on in that that the Unity antispark is doing something weird here and probably not fully shutting down.

I’d be curious what your system voltage looks like with the Unity powered ‘off’. You can read it via the 2-pin power header in the corner of your Unity, that’s connected to VDC on the system side of the antispark.

1 Like

ah good idea, I’ll probe that and also see if I can locate anything else useful like a 3.3v. Looks like I’m going to relegate the unity to a build with a loop key in future, but for now the constant on plus xenigotchi voltage alarm will do as protection

1 Like

The usefulness of having a simple audio alarm on your battery voltage really can’t be understated, even in situations like this where it’s ultimately informing you of other issues. That + the multiple draining battery saves are one of my favorite outcomes of this project so far. Simple & useful. Has saved @abusfullofnuns some dollars at this point too. :joy:

1 Like

Hmm :thinking:

-… … -… / -.-- — …- / …-. … -. -… / - … . / -.-. — -… . …–…

1 Like