Frankendick - The Second Cumming - Complete!

Sir I’m afraid your board has rabies and must be put down

11 Likes

Quick update… Frankendick survived the rabies

4 Likes

Nice, some thickened epoxy should take care of the voids. If you let it firm up first, there will be less chance of imprinting them on the fabric

3 Likes

Exactly what I did. I didn’t fill the voids completely, but my tack layer worked pretty well… was kinda ugly tho

6 Likes

Tonight went pretty damn well. Definitely looking better than last night.

12 Likes

Right! This week was a good week for young Frankendick!

During the week I trimmed the lid to shape and laid a skin onto it for shits and giggles. No frit cos that shit is fuckin useless, just a nice pretty graphic. Will figure out some sort of neat grip tape pattern later.

I got my little panel mount sorted, just gotta run the phase/sensor extensions through before I can permanently attach. I think i might revise it to suit countersunk bolts so I don’t need to get new bolts tho.

This is the first time i’ve been able to stand on it since the beginning! Milestone moment! It feels super stiff, which is great and an ode to the board that started this saga, Nimblestiff.

It’s got a great side profile and could run smaller wheels without issue. Kinda wish I never got rid of my 32T pulleys, otherwise i’d be running akashas no doubt. @rafaelinmissouri what pulleys are you using with your akashas?

Started to do inserts for the lid but ran out of steam for today. Gonna have dinner and then design some cable management for this puppy, as well as some risers so I can print some 3mm tpu risers for some dampening on this puppy.

So hyped, she’s nearly ready!

10 Likes

Lol.
BN 36.
And it’s fiiiiiiiine…

I have better pictures somewhere…

Anyways it hasnkilled me yet, but you can tell how sketchy it is.

But nothing matters when you are rolling on the Akashas…

Also nice power button spot…

10 Likes

Raf…

You’re a fuckin savage :rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

Once I get the Omakase back running I will have 3 sets of Akashas with the BN 36…
2 of the regular and one of the narrower FR that you can’t get anymore.

I don’t think I even have any options.

Does anyone make 32 teeth Pulleys these days?
I doubt the evolve ones would work with the wheel offset like the BN does.

Anyways.
It is less than ideal.
But for me it has been ok, to the point I got another set.

I swear every time I go out on the Akashas I am amazed.

Just so good.

5 Likes

Looks like onsra and omni both do.

The omni one says it takes a 6900 carrier bearing, so should accept a 22x8 if you’re running 8mm axels. Unsure on what size the onsra takes.

4 Likes

Maybe @Savage1 might do a run of 32t pulleys? :pleading_face:

7 Likes

I worry that these may be too short for the DH Akashas.

I should probably get a set for my FR ones…

I ordered a set of the onsra ones…

3 Likes

Made some movement today. Got the rear panel fixed on, but I broke off one of the nut housings inside, so that is a permanent fixture now :rofl: i can’t see any reason why I would need to take it off anyway.

Got the inserts done

Radium power button works nicely :partying_face:

I noticed a red flashing light on the xenith under the silicone cover near the usb port. I didn’t pay much notice to it at the time but now i’m scared. I can’t be fucked going back out there tonight, but tomorrow night hopefully can run motor and input detection tomorrow.

Just waiting on pulleys from @JesseM that I forgot about about and this thing will be ready for belts that i have also forgotten about :man_facepalming: gotta try remember to measure and order belts tomorrow!

9 Likes

Coming hot, will express them to you tmoz so should have by thursday latest

2 Likes

Appreciate it dude, thank you!

1 Like

I frankendig this build!

3 Likes

@Savage1 pulleys came from a stopover with @JesseM who was kind enough to add some artwork to them :rofl:

40T gonna be touch and go on the 86mm wheels, probably just as bad as Raf’s akasha pulleys :sweat_smile:

Going with 14T motor pulleys, board should be geared for the high 40s (kph). Just need to order belts now.

10 Likes

You really need 32t with akashas. Just saying…

4 Likes

Sorry Al, that distasteful artwork was from me. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Hahahaha thats even better :rofl: thanks Phil!

2 Likes