Forum Adjustments and Updates

mine is empty since the account creation, it might only affect some users?

Mine was empty too, never touched it since I created my account

Not sure if this is still working or not

@longhairedboy Do you know what version we are running or why this stopped working? Does it work for anyone else? If so, what browser are you using?

1 Like

We are currently on 2.6.0.beta3, and upgrade is available. I’ll run it this weekend at the usual time.

I’d have to google the discourse meta forum to find out what’s what here.

2 Likes

Seems like the update dropped? The notification/message etc bar looks different.

As of midnight we are on the 2.6.0.beta4 version of Discourse. All plugins have been updated as well.

This fix that had enabled this, then stopped working again, has been fixed once more and once the code finds its way downstream, we should have this functionality again.

Anything done with discourse?

Got this weird white bar on top

3 Likes

Ran an update last night to put us on the latest version.

that white space is where I’m putting all the ads for the cheap Kickstarter boards.

Seems to also be showing up in the desktop version. I’m noticing extra space there in my regular browser as well.

And hopefully for our trustworthy unity?

Unity adds all day long. Also, jason potters face for no real reason.

3 Likes

Hell yeah. Time to disable my adblocker

3 Likes

how awesomely ironic it would be if i filled the default theme with seriously annoying blinky ads talking about how we don’t run ads here.

6 Likes

Do it lol.

Are you able to choose were they get placed?

To be honest, i wouldn’t mind them on the homepage if it helps generate revenue.

Not so much within posts as that really looks annoying af.

1 Like

Torqueboard ads everywhere. As far as the eye can see.

1 Like

really interesting stuff in this release. Topic slow mode, insta-silence, catagory group mods can edit even outside of TL4… a lot to think about.

4 Likes

This will make reorganizing wayyyy easier. So glad they finally fixed this.

Process bulk actions in batches
Previously if staff attempted to bulk update a large number of topics, the process could time out. We now process bulk actions in smaller batches to avoid such errors.

3 Likes

Topic slow mode is really nice for those heated topics

1 Like

Yeah they’re really paying attention to how people use their platform. I thought the Subscriptions plugin was interesting too. In case shit got so real a forum needed ad revenue that would be a good alternative for people who can’t stand ads or wanted to support directly.

2 Likes