Forum Adjustments and Updates

This is easily worked around :rofl:

1 Like

looks like by default closed topics cannot be quoted. however this git post seems to enable the functionality. what are your thoughts?

3 Likes

I think we need to enable this.

2 Likes

Can anyone get that noob questions thread sticky to go away?

I’ve scrolled through the entire topic and ( while it normally goes away after,) it refuses to go away :sweat_smile:

Is it a different type of sticky, maybe?

I’m on mobile btw

E: I just had to tap on the thumbtack button… Nevermind. :man_facepalming:

3 Likes

If they make it part of the main branch that gets published to the repositories we pull our updates from then it will work its way into here, but i’d rather not patch anything in seperately, it could potentially bork future updates from the current maintainer’s stream.

3 Likes

It appears it’s already been merged into the mainline and we already have the commit. After looking at the code, I figured out how to use it…

Instead of opening a new browser tab and finding the old closed thread to quote — like this one for example — Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀 — that doesn’t work because the thread is locked, disallowing replies, which disallows quoting as well.

But if you simply search for the thread from the top bar (don’t paste a URL into the browser) in the same browser tab as the reply you are typing then you can quote the closed thread that way.

Thanks @wandagoner for finding that commit

6 Likes

2 Likes

Sweet baby jesus I should fight with Andrew more often. Then we can run some giant JedBoards ads.

4 Likes

Shirtless.

1 Like

You should give away a free Jed Board with each esk8.news patreon subscription. Best part is, they cost nothing to ship! :sunglasses:

8 Likes

@longhairedboy
looks like the patch 2.5.0beta7 released the other day does not have significant changes that would necessitate immediate upgrade. think we can wait a few cycles before upgrading and bouncing the environment?

Yeah we can hold off a bit for more significance in the update.

1 Like

15 new sign-ups today alone. I think that’s a record.

6 Likes

thats awesome!

3 Likes

Do we know where these people are coming from?

6 Likes

It’d be cool to have a box for people to say where they heard about the forum on sign up.

3 Likes

I rarely go on FB but if anyone there has a DIY question, I tell them to stop wasting time with those normies and come join here. lol

7 Likes

I also posted some links to here on Facebook yesterday :blush:

@longhairedboy can get get a graphy update on the patreon?

3 Likes

No, we don’t get any immediate feedback or information gathering on that.

2 Likes

i’ll see what i can do :slight_smile:

3 Likes