For street use, Lacroix deck or Kaly deck?

@esk8 I have both decks (Kaly XL & Prototipo) I love them both but for different reasons.

The Prototipo is a little more forgiving and not quite as an aggressive carver at 30/30 end angle, but that’s not a bad thing. I find myself able to throw my weight into the board a bit more without an overly snappy response. Another factor in the boardfeel oh the Prototipo is the pretty significant flex on the standard deck. I enjoy it and the comfort it provides but a stiffer deck lends itself better towards stability at higher speeds, especially when channel trucks are at play. Still very nimble. Here’s my Cascadia Carver taking a local downhill course:

(Black rubberized gripped Prototipo)

The Kaly XL is a different beast. I’ve got two boards built up around this deck as of today, and it happens to be my preference for higher speeds due to firmer flex option. The wings or footpedals allow you to lock in very nicely, and the deck rides a bit higher than the Prototipo with a more pronounced arch. I’ve found these to be more stable at higher speeds, even with the increased end angle at 35/35.

Let me know if you have any more questions. @Sender is the man you want to talk to if the Prototipo sounds up your alley. He’s got limited edition stock and does the best skinning work in town. Also might ask on Kaly decks too :wink:

17 Likes

Be careful somebody is going to quote it in a different context.

6 Likes

Beautiful builds you got there, I like your simple and elegant style. I think I’m gonna wait for sender to get his kalys in stock and senderize it.

5 Likes

Thank you for the input! Now you make me regret channel trucks.

2 Likes

I’m not sure I respect you anymore… :wink:

Thank you…

4 Likes

I love my prototypo. Its like riding a cloud. Even at almost high 30’s. Channel trucks are beautiful. That just take a little getting used to. Especially at higher speeds. But when you figure them out, it’s fucking awesome. The flex is something I love the most. It reminds me of driving a Cadillac. I go anywhere and everywhere on this board. Its my car.

18 Likes

Sorry for my scrubbyness, but is that the same deck as the DSS60? Im not well versed on LaCroix and tbh they all look pretty similar :joy:

I’m just wondering what it’s wheelbase is

2 Likes

To be honest. I don’t know anything other than what they look like. I always love the way lacroix looked, but never thought I’d own one. More of a urethane guy at the time. I didn’t know what I was missing out on.

7 Likes

Man you guys are surely not making my decision easier.

4 Likes

The first gen LaCroix production boards (DS50/60) all used the same Prototipo deck. Sean’s is original finish.

4 Likes

Late to this thread. But I have ridden prototypo, nazare, and kaly. I prefer the kaly deck.

The winglets really lock your feet in, and the trucks felt much more responsive at low speed while being rock solid with no wobble at high speed. I would make the same choice for off-road as well.

10 Likes

is that a wedge, AND and adjustable angle base plate?

4 Likes

LaCroix = Cruisy
Kaly = Aggressive

How do you ride?

4 Likes

@DerelictRobot have you had a go on a Haero Bro deck?

2 Likes

That’s just a riser

2 Likes

I have. I want another one for pure street if that says how much I like it.

Fantastic deck so far, have the feeling it’s going to become a favorite.

4 Likes

What stands out about the board?

4 Likes

Immediately, it reminds me more of a longer LaCroix Prototipo (which I also own and love, but it’s a bit too short for my stance). It’s sufficiently wide in the places it needs to be.

Lower than my Kaly or trampa decks and without the prominent camber featured on those, so more comfortable to stand on.

Overall, lower deck + lower camber + large flatcave/footpedal areas for your feet + snowboard-sturdy construction make this deck a total winner for me.

7 Likes

Jail me if you want, but has anybody put all our gear onto a snowboard yet?

On topic… anybody put wings on a prototipo who can report? I just started printing some…

5 Likes

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3121157 these are avail

4 Likes