FOR SALE: Acedeck Nomad N1 £1000 (UK-BRISTOL)

I have been lurking here for a while mainly reading and now, i need to sell this almost brand new board.
Honest truth, i am still loving my push boards and jumped on the hype of getting this Nomad as it looked good, seemed up to date and using a hobbywing, i knew it will be smooth for a newbee.
Why i am selling? I hate how agressive it is. As if it was made to keep a speed freak happy at that initial acceleration and that’s at speed ECO or 2 not even Sport or Sport+.
I just couldn’t feel comfortable even when Acedeck told me to adjust a setting, it still was too much for me.
2nd reason and very crucial: it cut out on me. Acedeck told me the battery was the issue after some back and forth emails, videos, miltimeter testing and probing holes and shit.
Today, i received a new battery. I just want to sell it to someone who wants this shit because i really hate it and i maxed my savings by purchasing an Onsra BC3 and it’s day and night different. Smooth, easy to ride and just awesome and i don’t care about the specs. I care about feeling comfortable, smooth acceleration and for me to trust the board.

It will comes with the still unused wheels, belts as i used my own street wheels and my own belts in it’s original box.

3 Likes

Just to add. I have had a stone hit the front truck hence why i posted the picture as well.
Any question or more pics needed then let me know. I might post it on ebay but i rather deal with people who know about eboards on here for now.

i think u would have a better chance of taking it apart and selling individual parts instead of whole board here on the forum.

Not keen on taking apart a new board. Will leave it for a week or so then maybe ebay it.

Could try the carve UK Facebook page to see if there’s any interest.

1 Like

I don’t use FB so might just ebay it, if there’s not interest here or not many are after a prebuilt when they can build no doubt better boards themselves. :smiley:

1 Like

I don’t blame you. Good luck with the sale. (loads of riders in the Bristol area)

2 Likes

funny that i only met one since September last year on an eboard or maybe i am just so shit on an eboard and ride like my gran, they avoid me🙄

There’s a FB group and messenger chat called SWesk8. Always stuff going on.

2 Likes

Not trying to discourage you from selling, or put more $ in, but wouldn’t changing gears help? You could reduce the torque to increase top speed.

The issue is even when trying some settings on the advanced menu Acedeck told me (spped line up) reduced from 30 to even 10, it did absolutely nothing. Mode 1 or Low, it goes up to 6mph which is just slower than my push board and even then, it kinda jerks up and accelerate then slows down. As soon as you select Eco or speed 2 it just accelerate so quick and it just doesn’t go up smoothly, it goes too fast for me to feel comfortable with it. I can never get it to go smooth, it just wants to accelerates and get to top speed quick then nothing more on the throttle. I put 40T pulley, tried 36 and 45 with my same dad bods, cloudwheels 120 and meepo 105 (boosted 105 clones) but that jerkiness, fast acceleration is still there. I honestly never felt so uncomfortable with an eboard like this one and just can’t bare to even touch the bastard😁

1 Like

Interesting.
Sounds like an esc fault. Sounds worse than these actually are.

1 Like

Thanks for explaining that more in depth. As someone who has a board kinda like that, I understand your feelings. I prefer smooth acceleration myself, and don’t really ride the one that just wants to clime to top speed regardless of how much throttle I’m giving it.

It’s a shame. I’ve been suuuuuper intrested in the N1, and have definitely bugged more than one person about it :sweat_smile:. But it’s been hard to get some information since it’s so new.

Swapping ESCs and remotes should fix your issue (and I was actually planning getting an N1 and doing that exact same thing), but that’s more $$$ into something you still may not enjoy.

I did ask 2 other people but they have the gear drive and they both said, it does kick from the start and they love it. I don’t but i guess, it is really my fault for being dumb and relying on someone telling me it’s very smooth. Smooth for someone isn’t what someone else is used to even in short space of using eboard. The Onsra on the other hand is just awesome even on top speed, i can still go as slow as i want and the trigger just feels so solid and controllable. Anyways, i don’t want to make it sound worse than what it may be as it might be normal for other people. For me, i know i won’t use it again, ever :grin:

Good points, esk8 review videos should focus on this stuff more

2 Likes

None of the nomad reviews state that it has jerky acceleration just strong hard power. But trusting a board after a cut out is tough so get reason the sale, But you never know in a few months you may find the onsra a bit tame and crave some more Power or danger trills. :slight_smile:

1 Like

All the Nomad reviews are the gear drives and i did ask Acedeck why they didn’t send belt drives to REAL reviewers, i.e, like diyers or people who actually are knowledgeable and technical but i got no response to that one. I like being in the 15mph zone. Plenty enough for me in my city rides and the longer rides i do to another city (Bath) and back.
If anyone in Bristol or close and want to test the Nomad before i sell it then i’ll be happy to let you test it using my street wheels, 40T pulley or 36T as i want to keep the Nomad wheels, pulleys and belts brand new for whoever buys it.

2 Likes

Hi I’m in the market for the middle model with same battery and gear drive . I live in Brislington and would love to see the board before I buy one if possible :blush:

sure no problem. it’s in the box resting in peace until it gets taken to it’s final home so you welcome to check it out.

Cheers where are you in Bristol