Foodies Unite! What’s good in your area?

Imma go a lil off topic but fuck it, my thread… would you rather have scientists turn on a gene that the banana already has in its dna to make it more resilient to panama disease or would you prefer the banana just not exist. As of right now, those are the two options…

2 Likes

I like bananas. I also like all the items on this list that wouldn’t be usable with genetic modding

There is difference between naturally genetically modified and scientifically modified. Ask yourself why 500,000 people die from heart disease and 450,000 die from cancer in America each year. I did that research when i found out my dad was dying from cancer. A man who ate well but never smoked once in his life. I found out lots of facts. One of thise facts being that the rate of cancer went up significantly after the fda approved hormone injections in cows and chickens and allowed the use of cloned or aka genetically modified meat. Sure if i take the best cow and mate it with the best bull ill get naturally gen modified beef. I believe in science but im not religious enough to believe all science is good and im not gullible enough to fall for propaganda either.

We’ve been genetically modifying plants sense we started agriculture. Whether it was through selective breeding, graphing, or straight up gene editing using proteins we have always modified our plants to survive conditions they otherwise wouldn’t. Their’s not a single plant that we consume today that hasn’t at one point in time been edited in one way or another. So I’m cool with GMO’s too.

Edit: I’m definitely not down for my meat to be fucked with though.

2 Likes

I worked on my buddies food truck for a little over a year. It was Texas bbq with an Asian twist. It’s called Wokker Texas Ranger and we actually had a Wok on board. Here are some of my creations;

Brisket Pad Thai

Brisket Curly Fries

Pork Belly Fried Rice & Spicy Tamarind Ribs

Chicken Katsu

Brisket Loaded Egg Rolls

10 Likes

That is not the only option. Get a warehouse adjust the climate, lighting, etc, and grow your own damn bananas. Governments make it so hard to get the seeds??? Im sure there is better ways to save the bananas.

That looks fucking delicious bro! I love fusion food. Filipino mexican fusion is really big in San Diego. Korean tacos ain’t bad either

1 Like

I agree there is a natural and un natural way to do things. I dont believe we are in the natural anymore. We have only had this new type of gmo for a few decades. The world has been producing naturally for hundreds of thousands of years. Fda has only been around what 113 years.

Thanks man. It was nice being able to eat whatever when I was hungry but damn I couldn’t eat everyday or I’d be an extra 100 pounds lol. I used to make Frankenstein orders for myself and friends.

Ima need them brisket fries

1 Like

Those were one of the best sellers and those egg rolls paid for the truck within 6 months :stuck_out_tongue:
You guys ever come down to Houston definitely check it out they mah homies. One dish I didn’t show that was my favorite is the shaken beef which is our version of the popular Vietnamese dish Bo luc lac

1 Like

You realize bananas are all gmo right?
You realize 5 out of 10 people in cities let alone 9 out of ten can’t grow food…
Yes heavy gmo is not good but things aren’t black and white.

1 Like

Bananas dont have seeds. They are sterile and actually technically a clone plant. Thats why they dont build up resistances. Sure you could grow a banana in a greenhouse but unless someone decides to keep cloning and keeping a banana plant in a greenhouse, it will either disappear from the stores completely OR never taste the same. Happened once with the gro michel. Problem is there is no set replacement this time

I need this in my life

2 Likes

You get the seeds from wild bananas.

This is the only place I’m willing to eat out at

9 Likes

I’m more concerned about pesticides and hormones in food then gmo

1 Like

That katsu looks bomb

Which is not the cavendish, the banana we love to eat lol. That’s a completely different flavor