Following in The Steps of Carvon

I’m super stoked you fixerated your Carvon Drives… Yes the three screws… both of the drives I received had those 3 screws loose, one even had one snapped off…

gawd damned phillips head screws replaced on both with proper loctited hex screws…

I’m getting close to pressing the motors back on the axles and getting these running, life just gets in the way most of the time…

post some pix of your drives and the spacer you require… I have a feeling if you’e looking for the end can motor spacers… they will have to be fabricated…

2 Likes

It the OD of a 10mm spacer and inner diameter of an 8mm one.

I measured OD 12mm, ID 8mm, length 9mm. But it would be nice to have different lengths for different wheels. Maybe I can buy an aluminium tube with those diemsions if I can find someone with the tools to make a precise cut.

3 Likes

Just set up the motors for the first time after servicing and they sound so good :heart_eyes:! Before they sounded terrible like there was a rock in them.

4 Likes

interesting! They do sound smooth…

I haven’t gotten to the point of spinning mine up yet… they don’t seem to have much coast (freespin) to them… Is that typical?

I’m curious as to what is your impression of the drives in action, especially considering the 110kV… It looks like you’ve got 90mm ABEC wheels on yours… that’s what I’m planning, and if they have enough initial torque I may go up to 97mm…

1 Like

d00d… post again… I missed it…

Made these on the lathe

:+1:

3 Likes

I think I accidentally clicked delete:

I think it’s normal if you mean spinning them on the bench by hand, the magnets slow it down almost instantly. With some momentum when riding them there’s no problem though. I’ve ran out remote battery and had to push for a mile and it’s fine. I love them! To be fair I have nothing else to compare them to but they’ve served me well for hundreds of miles.

I’m running 90mm wheels because I need as much torque as I can get to get over some big hills. I weight 130lb and I ran 107mm and a 12S battery for a while and it worked fine on flattish ground. (braking suffered iirc) So anything in between 90 and 107 is probably good. If I remember correctly Jerry recommended 97mm for 2WD

2 Likes