Fogstar Wholesale - Exclusive battery prices for forum members in the UK and Europe

It is annoying at the moment for the USA :frowning:. We used to supply some well known American vendors and we’ve lost them recently due to shipping and clearance regulations. But we’re happy to branch out in the DIY market as atleast now we get some see some cool projects rather than just a spreadsheet.

3 Likes

Nice to see you here Ben, I’ve bought off you a couple of time’s before and been very happy with the result

2 Likes

Thanks for joining!

Do you have plans to resume sales to the US? With nkon out of the game, we’re hungry for cells. Very hungry.

Please stay around and post deals often!

1 Like

We can vouch for quality and authenticity of the cells from 18650batterystore.com as we still supply them with several models and we know they are quality focused. However, their pricing is their own business and I have never looked at it or seen how competitive it is/isn’t.

2 Likes

30T about $5 at our quantity level. Not even in the same ballpark. We have many high quality expensive options. :slight_smile:

From your answer, seems like no plans? We should move on for now?

With customs seizing USA battery shipments from Europe and China at the moment it’s a little bit of a lucky dip wether they will get through or not. So most American vendors will demand a slight increase in profits for ‘risk money’ I would imagine. I know of several who have lost thousands recently.

We hold full clearance for LG Chem, but Samsung unfortunately keep that clearance to a handful of people worldwide. No solution for you at the moment - but will try and find one :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hey Ben

Welcome, shame that only UK an Europe are available, for that price I would certainly get a few 40T

The shipping problem is only when arriving on US or also in the UK? South America is out of the question?

Thanks

South America is the same @Pedrodemio. A cheap American source will be able to ship to you though. But it sounds like that doesn’t exist :frowning:

2 Likes

Thanks Ben, unfortunately finding someone that ships legally here is hard at the moment, I know a guy who ships quality cells, but they don’t come declared as batteries and arrived in a shoe box :rofl:

7 Likes

Hi, nice to see a battery vendor on the forum!
Nkon was the only supplier beside Chinese offerings who were willing to ship to Japan. Is Japan similar restricted as the US or would it be possible for you to ship over here?

1 Like

Does this mean you can ship LG cells outside europe

There is definitely a market for buying cells with U tabs already spot welded. It means anyone can make a battery without a spot welder and just use either the battery PCBs or a nickel strip for the bus bars and only need a soldering iron. All you have to do is make sure to use the right size nickel strip to handle the amps.

1 Like

Japan is a struggle @Goldrabe. Your only option is China. We don’t ship cells that I have not personally inspected. For anyone buying cells from China - We’ve learnt alot of over the last 5 years.

Things to be aware of:

• Mixed Batches
  • Grade B Cells
  • Bad Dates

If you need help purchasing from China, let me know and I’ll have our China office draw up a legally binding contract between us and the vendor you choose to buy from (No charge). Chinese may lie to foreigners, but they definitely wouldn’t lie or breach a contract between them and another Chinese company.

Anyone around the world here, who wants to order from China. Please email our employee amy@fogstar.co.uk and ask her to personally order and vet your chosen vendor for you. She is more than happy to give advice, create contracts and help for no fee whatsoever.

25 Likes

Welcome fogstar :uk::uk:

3 Likes

Nice! I second the inquiry for the 50E Cells. :wink: Is it possible to buy “without VAT” (if I provide VAT no. of my company - located in Czech Republic)?

1 Like

Sure @adrenalinskateboard - If you are in the EU (for now at least) we can knock the VAT off with a valid VAT number. :slight_smile:

We can ship LG Chem & Molicel outside of Europe @Flasher But depends on country and shipping methods available.

1 Like

@BenF what lg cell do you stock that you think would fit nice builds?

LG HG2 is a similar cell to the 30Q. I would personally rather have the Samsung 30Q or Sony VTC6, but if you can’t get them, the HG2 is a good substitute. More than happy to explore shipping options for you to see if the cost is viable. No pressure :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Welcome ben! I’ve been eyeing up Fogstar, and now that you’re on the forum theres no doubt my next purchase will be from there.
I also wanted to thank you for being absolutely class in the way you are handling yourself and the forum’s requests!

5 Likes