FOCer HD60 design to come!

Hello guys!

FOCer HD60 design to come!

Advantages over Cheap FOCer 2:
Small than Cheap FOCer 2 is about 52mm x 84mm x 17mm with small heat sink and PCB cover
NTC is in touch with FET directly
Replace DRV8301 with FD6288Q
Replace TP2604 with INA240A1
5 high current connectors
USB Type-C
LED light guide
No more loop keys!Compatible with power buttons / switches, the FOCer HD60 controller can be ready to go with a single press / flick. If desired, multiple devices can share a single button.
Roll-to-start – it’s possible to set your board to power up with a small kick/nudge!

All this wouldn’t be possible without Benjamin Vedder’s hard work to build on. Please consider supporting him for his efforts through the link below.
https://vesc-project.com/

32 Likes

Wow this looks really interesting!

That naming scheme is questionable for sure due to we all know who

Looks like a good offering, what price point are you aiming for? Interesting that you chose to replace the DRV8301, but makes sense due to current conditions.

4 Likes

super excited to see how this evolves though, especially with the DRVless design.

18 Likes

It’s true, I didn’t think too much about how to name it.I will change a name for it.

4 Likes

Need some more data. What are the specs? Have your done any testing?

2 Likes

DH60
You’re welcome :wink:

7 Likes

Naaaa, leave it as it is man. I like it. :blush:

What I don’t like is the screw terminals and how close the power is to the phase wires :flushed:

I’d also like to know the specs, what sort of motor current can this provide? How many Amps can that external power output supply?

8 Likes

Second that mutch better when making a clean compact build

Better yet - HD70 :grinning:

looks interesting

2 Likes

I think ‘Cheeky Little FOCer’ fits well :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Very very cool. I’d love to see this come to fruition.

2 Likes

Really exciting, right now have plenty of CFOC2 stock on me but in future could be useful, can you post some pictures of size comparison between yours and old CFOC2?

1 Like

Whats the temp rating on those electrolytic caps? Laying next to the phase shunts might call for concern towards lifespan if temp rise is present.

4 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I am designing another one too,More powerful than this one.

3 Likes

I will post some more data.Waiting for me. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

A new name! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

7 Likes

VRAMPA TEDDER60

4 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: