FOCBOX Unity's ready for shipping on Amazon

I love both mine. Stupidly simple to set up and has been nearly* flawless for me. Cheaper than most options out there in the same space.

Also, LaCroix, Kaly, BioBoards, and several other high quality (ticket) prebuilts use the Unity and bought them in large bulk orders.

The hate is because of the endless delays, failure to meet delivery promises, and Jason being a twat and banning people when complaining about how outrageous the multiple delays on multiple Enertion products was.

Buy one if you’re in the market. I have a lot of faith in the Unity platform.

*good call out @Goldrabe

5 Likes

Sorry man, as much as like you, I thought your Unity resetted itself twice already. Flawless for me means zero resets.
I updated to the latest 23.45 firmware and was just too lazy to turn on Metr. recording, what saved me from fatal failure.
The Unity hardware seems to be solid, but the firmware is it’s culprit, limited resources and time. I hope for @Deodand that he will get a decent payment and time to raise his baby to a solid product.
My VESC6 derivative with Ackmaniac’s firmware runs flawless for more than one year though.

7 Likes

Entirely fair point made. I have had one of my unitys forget it’s motor detection settings twice randomly. Seeing as how this is almost certainly a FW issue that can be fixed and has only happened when power was off to the board and not while riding, I still recommend the Unity as a solid piece of HW.

What flavor (supplier) of derived Vesc 6 are you using?

4 Likes

Are you getting paid @Deodand?

Because if not thats some bullshit

2 Likes

Hey all, just wanted to chime in and say it’s legit. Unity with 2 day shipping, feels surreal.

18 Likes

Why use enertion name if not related, it’ll limited what you gonna sell in the future, only enertion stuffs?

3 Likes

Distribution companies often use the branding of the products they sell and may sell several different brands under one company or divide into separate companies. Evolve uses this model, if you buy and Evolve board in the USA you aren’t buying from Evolve you’re buying from a distributor based in California.

13 Likes

Distribution companies regularly sell several brands and market them separately under different brand names.

MBS Europe is done this way I think

I get that, it just there is option not to choose the same company name to distribute Right? Will enertion boards help to claim warranty if i bought from them, is there any warranty offer on amazon? Because i would expect more if i buy from store named “enertion”. and it will be different if i just buy from other reseller here, that’s all, just want to know if they will sell other enertion product or only unity.

Your warranty would be with the distributor as I understand.

iirc Amazon gives you a month to raise a product defect claim which matches what Enertion has provided themselves previously if haphazardly by all accounts, making it a no-brainer.

There may be consumer laws in USA/California applying to companies operating in that zone which improve on that, but hard to use if not based in the same jurisdiction.

As far as I can determine no platinum anymore which is kind of sensible.

I could not determine where Calliope Distribution are actually based in the USA or any info, but obviously their credentials work for Amazon.

Probably Jason would prefer to go more B2B these days, understandably so.

Amazon are very good at enforcing product delivery and warranty within said timeline.

You get 30 days to raise a defective/damaged claim with Amazon. After that you would be referred to the manufacturer and I wish you good luck with that. I have no idea I’d this distribution deal covers any repair scope, probably just the Amazon bit and if you get a problem within 30 days you’re ok, otherwise you’ll be needing a repair which you’re probably going to have to source yourself.

Wondering now if there is a list of any peops with the skillz and perhaps the desire to provide a repair service? Thread?

4 Likes

Edit: just a bit confuse at first to see same name same logo :face_with_monocle:. Anyway it is great to see unitys on amazon :call_me_hand:, hope it can be ship to indonesia :yum:, only 2 people here that has it, including me :joy:, i’m gonna tell everyone haha

1 Like

Reship it or ask a trustworthy member if they could help!

1 Like

Just checked, not bad, rather than 4months wait :ok_hand:

1 Like

Cheaper from bioboards until Sunday :call_me_hand:

5 Likes

long live Amazon! =D

1 Like

Fixed that for ya