Focbox unity won’t react to anything!

Gimme a sec I’ll cut them off and take a pic

1 Like

maybe take a picture from the phase wire side, sure you didnt lose/damage some of the resistors placed there from the heat? But I dont think there is something wrong there. I assume USB connection should work still even if that part would be damaged. Maybe
you had/have created a short somewhere with solder and after that the drv or mcu got damaged. Cant tell 100% I dont know enough about the architecture of these things sadly

4 Likes

I don’t think the usb stopped working, from what I realized is that if the unity recognizes an error it stops everything so Bluetooth, motors, usb etc.

I would double check this two places.

Also would clean up the flux after soldering is done.

1 Like

Will give it a try today again hopefully it works :man_shrugging:t2:

Whats this

And this

Looks like there is laying a small piece of wire.

3 Likes

The first pic was actually a small piece of wire but the second pic was only a hair

1 Like

All LEDs on probably means the MCU is fried. Not sure how that happened but its usually too much voltage applied to a GPIO or something like that.

4 Likes

That no sound good. Is it fixable or is it dead at that point?

Is there a way to fix it? :frowning:

I know you commented on my post where I am having a similar issue. The key difference is that I haven’t done any physical modifications (other than putting in the Metr pro Unity) and wrote a bad FOC switching frequency value. I can only hypothesis that doing so corrupted the firmware and I ordered an ST-Link to try and manually reflash it. I’m pretty bummed out that my stupidity got me into this mess but surely a Unity wouldn’t completely die from writing a bad value?

I guess we will find out soon once my order arrives. Fingers crossed…

1 Like

I definitely would and do as much as possible lol

Well good luck with that and keep us updated

1 Like

My Unity is back to working order!

3 Likes

I’ll almost bet… You won’t do that again!

1 Like

My anus was properly puckered for the entire weekend! Never a dull day in the DIY eskate scene!

1 Like

So just reflashed firmware?

Yes, I was unable to connect via app and my PC would not recognize it so I had to do it via ST-Link which was new for me.

2 Likes