Focbox Unity Troubleshooting

Recent completed a setup using:
-Samsung 30q 12s4p from Chibattery Systems
-Dual TB 6374 Motors
-Focbox Unity
-Flipsky VX2 Remote

I am currently having issues with speed on the board. During actual riding I am only able to cap out the speed at about 32kmh (20mph).

Unity setup was completed using Focbox UI with control settings as:
-PPM Mode Disabled
-UART Mode 115200 Baud
-Can Mode Disabled

Additionally:

• Motors sensor cables are not being currently used
  • I am unable to calibrate the controller via the Focbox app
  • Flicking the VX2 controller quickly then holding it will cause one of the motors to move in the opposite direction.

Any help and suggestions appreciated. Thanks!

what motor and battery numbers are you using?

on the unity motors are per side, battery is total, different than VESC

2 Likes

Using 60a on battery and 60a on motors. Would it be better to cap my motors at 30a?

No that would be worse. Bump your battery up to 80A first. Then bump your motor amps up as long as they’re not getting too hot to touch. Those motors are rated to 80A

1 Like

just set the motor amps to whatever the motor is rated for, and adjust the battery amps to ur battery max cont. and start from there. did both motors pass motor detection?

1 Like

Both motors passed motor detection.

Can you post the detection results?

1 Like

Motor Calibration

Just got free to work on my board. Now the motors turn even slower than previously.

Rerun detection, that’s whack. Those values look normal for unsensored.

I’ve heard of the vx2 remote doing some wonky stuff before, not sure if it’s been worked out yet.

1 Like

You made sure to set the remote mode to forward/brake right?

1 Like

I keep rewriting the firmware and the problem goes away, but has returned repeatedly. Again the problem has vanished. Going to test it and see if I still have speed issues. This is what I currently have

Yeah this sounds familiar. I think it was @zero_ads who was having similar issues.

Yep here it was

1 Like

Yeah, I was reading this thread and it doesn’t look like they found a solution?

I’m hoping he’ll jump in with some helpful progress :crossed_fingers:

Did the speed issue go away at least?

1 Like

about to take it for a spin

Hard to tell without putting some load on it

Board went backwards instead. Tried to recalibrate and back at square 1 with slow motors.

When you run motor detect and get it to respond, was it spinning the wheels the correct direction on the bench?

The VX2 UART messes up Unity configs. Move to PPM. You will lose telemetry. I just bought a Puck, partially because of this. Another option is to configure everything with the VX2 unplugged but its a hassle.

1 Like

the method i found was, do all settings (with vx2 receiver plug in, but remote off), turn remote back on. if u need to tweak things on the fly, turn off remote, turn off unity and back on (remote still off), do ur shit and turn remote back on. this works for me until i’ve got everthing setup to my liking, then i never go back to the unity ui to change anything, this sucks but it works

5 Likes