Focbox Unity Troubleshooting

Check your speed modes to make sure it’s at 100%. not the lower ones.

How do you get the remote to respond in only PPM mode w/ UART disabled? I think @frame is right though. The Unity would not let me write to it with the VX2 controller on

vx2 doesn’t support ppm mode, so u will need to have it disable

1 Like

Thanks, I think that solves the speed problem (I’ll have to go test it out), but now I have the issue where it only goes backwards no matter how I calibrate the motors. Any ideas?

Okay I think I somehow got it. Will update on speed shortly

pull back thumb wheel and press the mode button will change direction

push thumb wheel and hold specifc speed for a bit and press power button for cruise control

1 Like

Finally got around to testing it. All problems were resolved. The speed problem was partially my fault at load because I’m a dunce and did not charge the battery because I figured the voltage readings on the app were accurate enough. Thank you guys for all the help.

1 Like

Glad you got it sorted out! Enjoy the rides :call_me_hand:

1 Like

Did not see this glad you go it working, but yeah I never got uart to work, had to use it in PPM. As mentioned above if you’re trying to apply any settings remote needs to be off. Lastly, I never got remote calibration to work, but I remember someone mentioning with PPM you don’t need to? Hoyt Puck definitely works better IMO as well, as someone else mentioned.

With PPM you should calibrate, but with UART you don’t have to. I was not able to get cal working with UART. With PPM it works just fine.

I was only able to get it to work in UART. I could not calibrate it in PPM cause Focbox UI would just get stuck. Additionally, I’ve had the issue where if I turn on the Unity before the controller my board goes backwards, whereas if I turn on the controller then the unity the board goes forwards. Strange stuff tbh. I’m considering changing to something else eventually.

I have many problems with settings resetting etc when using uart on the unity. It fucks with the built in bt module.
I only use ppm now, never had problem.

Hello! Also been having the same issues with speed, just wondering how to change to ppm since on the receiver has a 3pin connector that is different from the 3pin on the unity.

Late as heck. Not sure if you figured it out, but I couldn’t get the VX2 controller to work with PPM. Also if the 3 pin connector on the receiver is different then I think it means you probably bought the wrong version of the VX2 controller. There is a unity specific version.