Focbox Unity issues

Where are you buying from? There have been no reports of people receiving anything from the official website for some time now.

In the version history of the Unity app, @Deodand (designer/engineer) states that baseline BLDC code was functional but he abandoned implementation due to FOC’s superiority.

Whether or not it’s actually superior I will not comment. I have no BLDC experience but I have really enjoyed my Unity.

1 Like

It seems you are stucked on prehistory when FOC was dangerous, this was like 3-4 years ago

3 Likes

You better delete this before Brian sees it

1 Like

Haha I like Brian but he’s wrong about bldc, single motors, focboxes being the best, sensorless, mini remotes and other such things

3 Likes

I’ve run FOC fine, I just have a preference for the “rawness” of BLDC, more fun to me

Be like me last year at 19 and just try unprotected sex

5 Likes

Wait lol, haven’t we met before??

Haha no seriously have you come out to our rides on Saturday? I remember Tesla grip

Nice try to make it out and see the gang. It’s the best time ever

1 Like

My focbox unity from third batch has issues connecting over usb i cant connect or disconnect i cant use bluetooth because then my unity does not power on i also cant turn of the power by switch button but have to unplug battery it also does not work with push to start and does not shutdown after 5 min im gonna use a loopkey it keeps stuttering in begining of accelerating and my photon remote has to be turned on with setting signal low or if its medium or max the motor also stutters i have only riden in the corridor straight back and forth for max 200 meters intotal

this may seem like a dumb question, but have you calibrated your remote?

1 Like

And just so you don’t blow your Unity, it can’t use the standard firmware, it’s a custom one made for it

1 Like

I paired the remote and a setting from remote calibration to put throtle forward and joystick press backwards joystick press and yostick press again after that i get deadzone which i can put from 0/5

I did every calibration except

This is a screenshot from my phone i cant use bluetooth from the esc it looks like the module pins need repositioning

But thats not for uart right ?

Now it does turn of after 2 min preset but does not power on by spinning the wheel it does let the unitys leds flicker a bit when spinning the wheel while esc is of

By foc calibration i can get everything green but after aplying every time after 10 sec i get a notification that the flux measurment failed

While in vesc tool while doing firmware update it always fails cause of disconnect somehow

I have firmware version 23.46

FOCBOX UI doesn’t actually support UART remotes, i’ve discovered. You’ll need FOCBOX TOOL for that, which is basically a unity capable version of VESC Tool. Allowing UART in FOCBOX UI only allows the use of things like metr modules and stuff like that. And i would not use a metr to configure a unity.

2 Likes

Do you have ppm and uart disabled still?

I noticed that 1 motor rotated another way which did not happen the other tests i did before then they where both spinning same direction so this time I inverted 1 motor and it spins way better only sometimes stutters but way less 1 motor still stutters continuously when remote is not on and if i change the signal setting on remote the telementry does not fully function and push to start also not working yet

can anyone tell me where on the Unity UI I can find where to set my gear ratio?
I’ve found the cleverly hidden wheel dia. adjustment but can’t for the life of me find a place to update my gear ratio…

please don’t tell me that the desktop app is the ONLY way to update this as I do not wish to break open the enclosure…

thanks

1 Like

Does it automatically in the motor config I believe or maybe the wheel diameter test when you turn the wheel exactly X times.

Could be wrong but I think this is true.

2 Likes

Why do you need to?