Focbox Unity issues

All good now!

My board (raptor 2.1) has been in that exact same bricked state since early november and haven’t been able to get a response from enertion still, do you think you can give me a little bit more detail on how you flashed the firmware with the ST-Link? Any info is appreciated greatly because right now i have a very expensive paper weight. it would also be nice to know which st link you used.

1 Like

Hey there. Bumped your account for posting and messaging. Welcome!

1 Like

Don’t hold your breath

1 Like

ha yea, I originally ordered my board January 2019, got it in October, then it quit working a month later. I’d try to get a refund but it would probably take a few years to get the money back, so I assume fixing it is the best option. I’m currently just trying to find a hex file I can upload to the board so I know I’ll be able to try something if i order a ST-Link

1 Like

I got this one off Amazon

HiLetgo ST-Link V2 Emulator Downloader Programmer STM32F103C8T6 STM8 STM32 w/Cable (Random Color) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07SQV6VLZ/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_KKLmEb0VQMEMV

And followed this guide by @DSluijk

I also got some Dupont female to male headers to easily connect the St-link to the unity. They showed up in the also purchased with section of Amazon.

8 Likes

Thanks! I’ll post an update in a few days once I’ve given fixing the board a shot!

1 Like

Can anyone tell me if the latest firmware is safe to use? Should I update?

If it’s 23.46 still, yes. Both of my boards have been running it with no issue.

3 Likes

My 12s10p board. Dual 6374 motors.FW23.46. Turn off thermal throttling and there is no problem for now. The total mileage is about 600km.

1 Like

Did you have to turn off thermal throttling as well

I haven’t but that’s interesting because I feel like my battery has been sagging more and I wonder if that’s the real cause.

@lee care to elaborate on what made you turn it off? Just hitting the throttling top often or indirect readings?

2 Likes

I’m running FW23.46. no issues two decks 100s of miles and never turned off thermal throttling

1 Like

This is the background.
There was no thermal throttle problem with direct drive, and the 6374 motor had three momentary shutoffs during a 30km run.

3 Likes

Hey guys! I need some help with my focbox unity in finding some older firmware.

I got some major issues after i updated the firmware on my focbox. At first the problem was that my metr module did not work anymore, did not get telemetry. So i updated the metr module but that gave me the headache that now the unity has trouble turning on and is being a major PITA.

Id like to get a hold of some older unity firmware so i can get my board working again, anyone know where i can find it? Or is there any other solution for my problem?

Ive tried connecting to my windows and mac computer but on both pc’s the unity tool complains that it can not read firmware version. I have no issue connecting to it through my android phone though

I figured it out so atleast my METR PRO works., you need to enable UART aswell. I had it set to disabled since my controller uses ppm.

Awesome. I will check and see if I have it enabled. Thanks.

2 Likes

Weird that you have no issue connecting through your app. I recently bricked my FW and needed an ST-LINK to manually reflash it. I was also able to connect through Metr but unable to change any settings or detect the FW. It said FW 0.0 not recognized. You might be in a similar situation based on what I read.

Check these out:

Guide to fix broken bootloader/FW

Another thread with some of my responses.

3 Likes

Hey man, thanks for your help. I fixed my metr issue by enabling UART in the unity ui app

1 Like

Update: ST-Link has fixed one part of my issue, my board will now connect to my phone and laptop no issue, and also will work with the remote. However, the board still wont turn off when i hold the power button down.

1 Like

Your abrusoark switch in the unity is dead